Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express letter received in mail today

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express letter received in mail today

@dmFICO8 wrote:

It didn't mention what Amex will replace the card with, some people say it implies that the card is done.

Yes that's what I'm getting out of it. But why encourage people to use it until the last minute? Wouldn't Citi reap the benefits?

Message 11 of 24
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

What's BJs? And why/ how was it a Visa?

You don't know what BJ's is? 

(Mod edit - For the purpose of this thread, BJ's refers specificaly to a regional warehouse store --SE)

"That depends on what your definition of is is" -William Jefferson Clinton

Sunrise, you're my hero😄

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

(Mod edit - For the purpose of this thread, BJ's refers specificaly to a regional warehouse store --SE)

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. whistle.gif

Message 13 of 24
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. whistle.gif

Yeah...so how about that AMEX letter with the circular discussion?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmFICO8 wrote:

It didn't mention what Amex will replace the card with, some people say it implies that the card is done.

What I want to know is whether we will qualify for a CITI card and other AMEX card regardless of credit profile as long as Costco AMEX is in good standing.  (No, my profile is great but CITI doesn't like me due to a long, long time ago chargeoff that is probably resting in credit heaven right now).

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to keep my 1987 dating SOMEWHERE. I don't care where. (Got the letter today too.)

Message 16 of 24
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:

"As you may have learned from recent news coverage, our partnership with Costco will end on March 31st, 2016.

While it's not easy to see a longstanding partnership end, we remain as committed as ever to providing you with world class service and products that deliver excellent value, rewards and benefits.

What You Can Expect Now

Between now and March 31st, 2016 you can continue to use your Card as you do today, including at Costco stores in the U.S., on Costco.com, and everywhere American Express Cards are accepted and you will continue to earn cash back on your eligible purchases.

What's Next

We have many rewarding products and are committed to earning your business now and in the future. As always, no matter which American Express Card you carry in your wallet, you can count on American Express' award winning service and our brand's 165 year promise of trust and security.

Our Customer Care Professionals are here to serve you, 24/7. We encourage you to call 1-888-246-1076, or the number on the back of your Card, should you have any questions regarding your account.

We appreciate your business with American Express and thank you for being a loyal Card Member.

Sincerely,

Josh Silverman

President, Consumer Products & Services"

So do we get a PC and keep our trade lines or what? 😁

It almost looks like a thinly-veiled offer of a product change (possibly even to the card of your choice...?) 

Maybe they're prohibited by the terms of the agreement from openly soliciting card-holders to stay with them...so they need you to call & ask about your options.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuckyBird wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

"As you may have learned from recent news coverage, our partnership with Costco will end on March 31st, 2016.

While it's not easy to see a longstanding partnership end, we remain as committed as ever to providing you with world class service and products that deliver excellent value, rewards and benefits.

What You Can Expect Now

Between now and March 31st, 2016 you can continue to use your Card as you do today, including at Costco stores in the U.S., on Costco.com, and everywhere American Express Cards are accepted and you will continue to earn cash back on your eligible purchases.

What's Next

We have many rewarding products and are committed to earning your business now and in the future. As always, no matter which American Express Card you carry in your wallet, you can count on American Express' award winning service and our brand's 165 year promise of trust and security.

Our Customer Care Professionals are here to serve you, 24/7. We encourage you to call 1-888-246-1076, or the number on the back of your Card, should you have any questions regarding your account.

We appreciate your business with American Express and thank you for being a loyal Card Member.

Sincerely,

Josh Silverman

President, Consumer Products & Services"

So do we get a PC and keep our trade lines or what? 😁

It almost looks like a thinly-veiled offer of a product change (possibly even to the card of your choice...?) 

Maybe they're prohibited by the terms of the agreement from openly soliciting card-holders to stay with them...so they need you to call & ask about your options.

So they gave the phone number at the end of the letter to call them. Call them and find out if you can get another card with them with the same limit.

Message 18 of 24
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I wish they'd hurry up and release a better no-AF cash back card before the TE is phased out.  As much as I want to retain a relationship with Amex and more importantly, maintain the age of the account now that backdating is off the table, I want to end up with an Amex card I'll actually want to use.  The BCE is totally eclipsed by Sallie Mae (and other cards with similar or greater returns in those spend categories) and therefore isn't all that appealing.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 19 of 24
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:

@dmFICO8 wrote:

Yes that's what I'm getting out of it. But why encourage people to use it until the last minute? Wouldn't Citi reap the benefits?

Why encourage?  Amex will get all the swipe fee's of it.   Let people run up the balances, sell the portfolio to citi and let citi deal with all those balances.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.