Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express offers

I would like to know how does the $15 offer work.

Does it mean that I have to spend at least $15 by the end of the year and it does not have to be in a single transaction?

Can I buy like three things for $5 separately?

Also, would that offer work on used books?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express offers

@Anonymous wrote:

Does it mean that I have to spend at least $15 by the end of the year and it does not have to be in a single transaction?

Thanks!

Can you be more specific and detailed so that we can give you the correct answer? For example, I have a $15 offer from AMEX to shop at Starbucks but it has to be online and then get a statement credit.

Message 2 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Im guesing the OP means the Amazon offer.   Pretty sure the conditions are a charge of $15 or more.

Just buy a $15 Amazon gift card and then you can spend it any way you wish, even next year if necessary

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks!

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I was wondering the same thing about the Beck's Prime offer. The offer is "Spend $25 and receive $5 back". Beck's Prime is fairly expensive for what is essentially still fast food but I normally only spend about $16 each time I go.

I went yesterday, I plan to go again sometime this week to see if I get the $5. I'll report back in with my results if anyone is interested.

Message 5 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I was wondering the same thing about the Beck's Prime offer. The offer is "Spend $25 and receive $5 back". Beck's Prime is fairly expensive for what is essentially still fast food but I normally only spend about $16 each time I go.

I went yesterday, I plan to go again sometime this week to see if I get the $5. I'll report back in with my results if anyone is interested.

I agree the wording isn't clear.   But I would be surprised if they track spending over two months at a particular merchant. and give the reward when a total is reached.  But maybe!

Message 6 of 25
growing123
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree the wording isn't clear.   But I would be surprised if they track spending over two months at a particular merchant. and give the reward when a total is reached.  But maybe!

I just recently used one of the AMEX offers.  It was for JCPenny, spend $50 and get $10 back.  I had to add that offer to my profile/account and then use my BCE card to make the purchase.  I received an email stating congratulations you earned the $10 and it was credited to my account the next day or two.  Really easy process. 

Same for the Beck's Prime offer, you would make a one-time purchase of at least $25 and you'll get the statement credit. 

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 7 of 25
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Op is this the Amazon offers or, is this online coupons you can add to your Amex card?

Message 8 of 25
NRB525
Super Contributor

@joedtx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Op is this the Amazon offers or, is this online coupons you can add to your Amex card?

It is likely one of the "Offers For You" that you can add to your card, then go to the merchant or online to buy there.

With each offer, there is very specific fine print about what does and does not qualify in the offer. It pays to read the details Smiley Happy

AFAIK, each offer is intended to be taken in one transaction, so the amount you spend with the merchant, prior to sales tax, must exceed the "offer threshold" amount. I made the mistake of trying to get a Walmart offer, spend $15, and while the entire ticket was over $15, the amount before sales tax was under $15, so it still sits on my card. I had to load up a McDonalds order to pass the $5 threshold for that one, but "spend $5 get $5" is hard to complain about.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just used my $15 amazon offer on a gift card and got instant notification from amex that the offer was redeemed. Then I picked up a nice g shock that was already on sale for black friday Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.