Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express offers

The easiest way around this, at least for the amazon offer, is to just log on to AMEX click "take offer" and then buy a gift card for $15. Then you get the credit back on AMEX and you have as much time to use the amazon money as you want. Also you could make 150 10 cent purchases and they would all be free. This would solve the problem and you don't have to buy some widget now just to take advantage of the offer. Yes I am sure it works, I just did it a few days ago. 

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice idea. I just got a $15 Amazon gift certificate. Instant email from Amex saying deal was redeemed. Save for later.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The easiest way around this, at least for the amazon offer, is to just log on to AMEX click "take offer" and then buy a gift card for $15. Then you get the credit back on AMEX and you have as much time to use the amazon money as you want. Also you could make 150 10 cent purchases and they would all be free. This would solve the problem and you don't have to buy some widget now just to take advantage of the offer. Yes I am sure it works, I just did it a few days ago. 

Isn't this the same as manufactured spending? Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's even worse!  Best/Worst  MS costs Amex about 5%, this costs them 100%

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds juicy Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have three people in my family who got the offers. Can all use the same amazon account to make that purchase just to keep it simple? Will Amex question that?

Message 16 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We have three people in my family who got the offers. Can all use the same amazon account to make that purchase just to keep it simple? Will Amex question that?

Should be fine.  Just make sure you charge it to the different cards.   Not sure why Amex would even see the amazon account, this is just a purchase from Amazon.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You guys are ridiculous! haha

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ridiculously awesome. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ridiculously awesome. Smiley Wink

+1

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.