cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express paying YOU $300 to pay off your account!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express paying YOU $300 to pay off your account!

I didn't catch all the details, but ABC News ran a quick blurb on their evening broadcast about American Express paying it's customers $300 to pay their accounts in full and close them by April 30th.  Now I;ve heard / seen EVERYTHING.  I'm sure there will be links to follow shortly.  Unbelievable!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: American Express paying YOU $300 to pay off your account!

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn't catch all the details, but ABC News ran a quick blurb on their evening broadcast about American Express paying it's customers $300 to pay their accounts in full and close them by April 30th.  Now I;ve heard / seen EVERYTHING.  I'm sure there will be links to follow shortly.  Unbelievable!

There's also a thread on this on the Credit In The News forum. All I can say is wow.
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

*Hello!!! (jumps up and down, waving) Hello!!!*

They are hurtin' for certain.

(sorry, showing my age here something fierce)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Is this promotion geared towards certain types of AmEx accounts or customers?  I'm wondering if it is just for CC accounts vs. charge accounts or either.  My brother and I share one of each, but for $600.00 would be willing to close out both since we pay in full anyhow lol.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 4 of 6
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

my father holds 2 of my our business cards and I pay more than min. but with all the cld I have put them on back burner. I would pay and close out small one for $300 but the other one that has 5k balance isn't getting more than $100 month until they decide to treat us like the long time customers we have been or I just come into money! lol
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.