Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express "in progress" status

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

American Express "in progress" status

I applied for Amex revolver and was denied. They pulled EX.  Then I go online late that evening to dissect the denial letter and my status had changed to "In Progress"  and to find they also pulled the other two bureaus. If I recall I think it says my score was in the high 600's although everyone says mid 700's. 7% util.I do have multple inquiries.

Has anyone experienced anything like this with Amex?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express "in progress" status

Hello and First I want to say.... Best of Luck with your application!

I have read on many threads regarding Amex that if your app is just on the margin of acceptance, they will often pull 2 or even all 3 CR to determine eligibility.  This is a good sign for you.  I hope it goes through for you.   What card did you app for?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 18
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Thanks for the support and the positive spin. I applied for the Blue  that their website suggested. So, should I call on Monday?

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 3 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Oh yea!!!! I'd definitely call in and find out the status.  It can't hurt and on top of that, you might be able to answer any questions they have regarding the app. 

Best of Luck!!!

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 18
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Will do!

Message 5 of 18
learnin113
Established Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

I applied for Amex revolver and was denied. They pulled EX.  Then I go online late that evening to dissect the denial letter and my status had changed to "In Progress"  and to find they also pulled the other two bureaus. If I recall I think it says my score was in the high 600's although everyone says mid 700's. 7% util.I do have multple inquiries.

Has anyone experienced anything like this with Amex?

Yes, this happened to me when I app'd for the BCE.  I noticed they pulled EQ also in addtion to EX.  Mine ended in a denial, but it appears that for a few days they were reconsidering.  Good luck with your app.

Message 6 of 18
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

It appears that mines has too. Yet, with the original denial letter. It did not update from the latter pulls from EQ and TU and then when I called them their reps say that they did not pull the other two at all. What's up with that?

Anyone know the scores needed for Bof A amex.? LOL

Message 7 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

I'm really sorry to hear that! I thought you had a chance with 700+ scores.

Message 8 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

Goes to show how much AMEX rely on their internal system for decisions.

Did you have a prior history with them?

Message 9 of 18
FicoTron
Established Contributor

do you have any negs on your report like a charge off or collection?  what are some reasons you may have been denied?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.