Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express "thank you" email

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

American Express "thank you" email

LongTimeLurker, you’ve been a valued American Express® Card Member since 1987. We're delighted you've been with us for 30 years, and we look forward to providing you with outstanding service for years to come. 

Thank you for your loyalty and Card Membership.

Well, I had the card from 1987-1989, and then again from 2007, so wouldn't call me over-loyal!  I happen to be backdated but I'm assuming such emails are based on Member Since date.   Wonder on what anniversaries they are sent.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express "thank you" email

Nothing other than a thank-you even?  No free coffee starbuck card like discover use to do..  Man amex needs to step up their game and offer you a free Ms. Fields cookie or something.

I am MS 1990 and haven't received an email 3 years shy of you. MS and not in manufactured spending I am referring to member since day, just so you aren't confused lol Smiley Happy.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂 @ CC! Give him a cup or coffee or something! Dang! 

Message 3 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

LongTimeLurker, you’ve been a valued American Express® Card Member since 1987. We're delighted you've been with us for 30 years, and we look forward to providing you with outstanding service for years to come. 

Thank you for your loyalty and Card Membership.

Well, I had the card from 1987-1989, and then again from 2007, so wouldn't call me over-loyal!  I happen to be backdated but I'm assuming such emails are based on Member Since date.   Wonder on what anniversaries they are sent.

...and I wouldn't call a presumably generic semi-mass email with no freebies overly thankful.

Discover hasn't sent me anything since 2014, when I got a Starbucks card by email within days of Chase giving me my first CLI.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex sent me a thank you note and a $250 Barney's gift card in the Fall. It was pretty good.
Message 5 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex sent me a thank you note and a $250 Barney's gift card in the Fall. It was pretty good.

Wozers nice.. How did they even know you shopped their from your history or just a random guess?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never used any Amex card to buy anything there (nor do I think I've bought anything there in several years) - BUT I did make good use of it as I got it a handful of weeks before my wedding. It worked out.
Message 7 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Smiley Sad 15 years and charging years of salary later... I got nothing. Where's my generic email, Amex?

Message 8 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Smiley Sad 15 years and charging years of salary later... I got nothing. Where's my generic email, Amex?

I would forward you mine, but then it wouldn't be so very special!

Message 9 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Along the lines of could-be-better CC emails, I got two today:

"Fuel up with a $200 gasoline gift card" from Amex. One tiny condition: I have to buy or lease a car.

"ThankYou Update: Flight Value" from Citi. They're not improving point value, they're retracting an erroneous email in which they overstated point value at pre-nerf levels.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.