Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express score with approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express score with approval?

I've read several times in the forums about members applying for an American Express card and getting an Experian FICO score with their approval letter.  I was approved instantly for a Zync in October, but don't remember seeing my Experian score in any of the documents I received from American Express.  Does anyone know where I can find that?  I'd like to know what my true Experian score is.

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express score with approval?

Mine shows up when I enter the info in this link

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm.  I typed in my info and it was the same original message I received when I was approved - "Contratulations, you're approved. Your card will arrive in 7-10 days," etc.  No score.  I wonder if it's a regional thing?

Message 3 of 10
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read several times in the forums about members applying for an American Express card and getting an Experian FICO score with their approval letter.  I was approved instantly for a Zync in October, but don't remember seeing my Experian score in any of the documents I received from American Express.  Does anyone know where I can find that?  I'd like to know what my true Experian score is.

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

u dont get the score with charge cards, only credit cards and if u dont get the lowest interest rate

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I see.  Thanks, dalebb!  I sure would love to know my true Experian score though. Smiley Tongue  It must be pretty decent since Amex, Chase, and Citi approved me after Experian pulls.

Message 5 of 10
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, I see.  Thanks, dalebb!  I sure would love to know my true Experian score though. Smiley Tongue

r u still app'ing?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dalebb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, I see.  Thanks, dalebb!  I sure would love to know my true Experian score though. Smiley Tongue

r u still app'ing?

Nope, just wanted to update my sig with my true Experian score. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

r u still app'ing?

did u try the amex prequal, u might b able to pick up amex blue card,,, think like 3 different 1's

Message 8 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm.  I typed in my info and it was the same original message I received when I was approved - "Contratulations, you're approved. Your card will arrive in 7-10 days," etc.  No score.  I wonder if it's a regional thing?

mine was on a denial of a zync card

Message 9 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You only get the score with a negative action.  Whether it's a denial or less than top tier interest rates.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.