Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express

I got approved for bce w one paid, co from 08. It was fraud though and has since been removed.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 17
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

All the rules and theories people have in regards to dealing with AMEX is hilarious. Pay your bill on time and you'll be good. Be smart with your utilization and it's more than okay to carry a "reasonable" balance relative to the CL. I used to buy in to all of this stuff with I was an AMEX outsider, but now being a cardmember, I'm like, "Whatever." I'll PIF or revolve a balance if I feel like it. LOL. A lot of people do too much thinking where AMEX is concerned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 12 of 17
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I r3cenly approval for Delta with 675 credit score. I think you should be fine OP. The worst thing only waste one HP but im sure you should be fine.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 17
RonDawg
Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

I have a question regarding getting an Amex.  I went to the pre-qualify site for Amex and entered the info required to prequlify.  I was prequalified for the Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card, and the Amex Green Preferred Rewards.

Amex's recommendation was the Gold Option, but both came up.

I have descent scores across the 3 bureaus, last time i pulled was:

TransUnion: 705

Equifax : 688

Experian (not sure), but when i got my mortgage 1.4 years ago, it was 20 points higher than Transunion.

Nothing on my bureaus has changed, excellent pmt history, and very low utilization 4%. AAoA is 5 years.

I've read on this board about the way Amex has been closing accounts, and CLD's alot of people, but i still want my first Amex.

Question is, should i apply with Amex or go with an Amex co-branded card through another bank, such as BOA or Citi.

Not sure if it is easier going through Amex itself, or another bank offering the co-brand.

I know these two offers are charge cards, whereas balance is due promptly on due date.  That is no problem as my income would support it.

Thought i would run it through the board before wasting an inquiry.

Thanks, Tom

your siggy and your post have 2 different scores.  o.O

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 14 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

I have a question regarding getting an Amex.  I went to the pre-qualify site for Amex and entered the info required to prequlify.  I was prequalified for the Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card, and the Amex Green Preferred Rewards.

Experian (not sure), but when i got my mortgage 1.4 years ago, it was 20 points higher than Transunion.

Nothing on my bureaus has changed, excellent pmt history, and very low utilization 4%. AAoA is 5 years.

I've read on this board about the way Amex has been closing accounts, and CLD's alot of people, but i still want my first Amex.

Question is, should i apply with Amex or go with an Amex co-branded card through another bank, such as BOA or Citi.

Not sure if it is easier going through Amex itself, or another bank offering the co-brand.

I know these two offers are charge cards, whereas balance is due promptly on due date.  That is no problem as my income would support it.

Thanks, Tom

your siggy and your post have 2 different scores.  o.O

If you check the original post date, you'll see that it's been a while and his scores has significantly improved since then Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 17
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

2.5 Years!

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 16 of 17
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

Thanks, Tom

Wow! with your current limits and score, i can't possibly fathom how amex bank would decline you for any of their products. even if they decided as of now, only super prime applicants will be approved, i would STILL think you are clear for approval.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.