cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express

tag
Joboak

American Express

Okay... So my creditkarma said that my score was good enough to get an AMEX card (751). So I done the little preapproval app. (where you put in your ssn and they say...) well it said I wasn't approved. This was not supposed to do a hard pull but it still shows up on my report! So I called them and asked why it shows as well as why I was denied. They said that my credit history wasn't strong enough (oldest age of account 15yrs) and that I would receive a letter with more detail. Well two months have passed and no "detail" has been in the mail. Should I send them a letter disputing the inquiry? Anyone has any luck with this?

Message 4 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Joboak

Hard Inquiry Pulls AMEX Address

Does anyone have an address on American Express? I would like to dispute a hard pull and need to know where to send a Hard Pull dispute letter?

Message 1 of 24
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiry Pulls AMEX Address

This is the address they have listed on my EX report

Mailing Address:

PO BOX 981537

EL PASO, TX 79998

Message 2 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

Click on your CR and get the address from there. Just to make sure you have the right address since some companies may have multiple addresses for different departments / products.

You should also initiate the dispute with the credit bureaus simultaneously.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 24
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express

The 751 score you got is not a reliable indicator of where your credit situation is really at.

I think I'd simply move on, and not dispute the inquiry.

Message 5 of 24
Joboak

My credit has no derogatory marks what so ever. No late payments, no charge offs, no collections for 15 years of history (when my credit began). It's not the fact that I was denied, it's the fact that it wasn't supposed to be a hard pull. I could have used that pull for something else.
Message 6 of 24
Joboak

Is that from a hard pull?
Message 7 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Anytime that you apply for a credit card it will result in a hard pull, almost without exception.    There's really nothing to dispute, since you applied for a credit card.

Also I will move this to the credit cards forum.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 24
Joboak

Thanks
Message 9 of 24
adavis425
Established Contributor

I'm confused... you applied for credit (according to your other thread) and received an inq. Were you told that it would NOT be a HP? Not judging, just curious as to the dispute of a legit inq. Does that work?

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.