Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express

How are AUs on Amex reported to the CAs? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express

As AUs
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, It wouldn't report any differently.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also worth noting that AUs do not inherit the account's actual age or payment history. It appears as a new account.

Message 4 of 8
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also worth noting that AUs do not inherit the account's actual age or payment history. It appears as a new account.

+1

It helps to set the MSD date, but it will not help to give an AU some history.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

What if the AU have the same backdated membership date. Would the account still show up the their (AU) credit report as a new account?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

What if the AU have the same backdated membership date. Would the account still show up the their (AU) credit report as a new account?

The MSD is whenever the AU was added to the account. Let's say the primary was opened in 1990, and the AU was added in 1995. The MSD for the AU would be 1995, not 1990.

Message 7 of 8
Chilli
Established Contributor

Wonderful. My partner was on my acct as AU back in 1982 (yes we're still together). I just added my partner as AU on Amy new acct. and they backdated her AU card to member since date 1982 as well.  

I dont onut know if this would make a difference on their credit report as far as instant approvals because there is a BK on their report.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.