Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express

Hi,

Internal scoring system?  Do you mean that they might base it approval, or denial on what they physically see in the report?  as well as the FICO ?

Thank you

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt that they will physically look at your report unless you end up requesting a recon. The data fields will be run through the Amex algorithm as well as Fico's to come up with an approval or decline.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Oi cee, thanks alot !

Message 13 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Almost every CCC has some sort of internal score algorithm, where they evaluate what's on your report. So some won't touch you with a BK, others if you have too many lates, etc., regardless of your FICO scores.

If there are any banks left that loan solely on the basis of FICO's, they're fools.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX usually pull EX and to get approve your score must be over 700. I was approved for an account with a score of 743 at the time I applied..
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost every CCC has some sort of internal score algorithm, where they evaluate what's on your report. So some won't touch you with a BK, others if you have too many lates, etc., regardless of your FICO scores.

If there are any banks left that loan solely on the basis of FICO's, they're fools.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yes you are right, Citibank is one of them..

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 04-06-2009 08:34 AM
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks!  this helped alot.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.