Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Kennel Club Visa

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

American Kennel Club Visa

Found this online and never really see anyone mention it here - so there must be a reason why lol.

Offers 3x points (dubious how much the points are actually worth) on pet stores and vet offices (and AKC purchases). Since I have been somewhat curious if any card offers rewards for vet visits and pet stores etc, this would be great, but if the 3x is not actually 3% it's worthless. Anyone have this card and know more about it? None of the websites I find really talk about what the points actually are worth. The worth is important, because we all know 3x doesn't necessarily equate to 3% in cash.

It gives the usual 2x gas/groceries and 1x all other purchases, but it's primarily the pet 3x points that could be valuable (at least, a year from now when I'm no longer gardening lol...guess we research cards to keep ourselves entertained!)

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Kennel Club Visa

Is this Bank of America?
Message 2 of 67
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Looks like comenity, which can be good or bad lol. They are supposed to be generous though I have not seen that with my BJs card too much.

I scoured the website for this card and can find absolutely nothing about what the points are actually worth. Very frustrating. Because if "3x" is really not 3% when you redeem then it's pointless. The Paypal Mastercard does this, where it entices you with "3x" on dining but the actual return when you cash out is more like maybe 2% which is nothing exciting.

I have a dog and 4 cats, so getting actual 3% on pet purchases would be great, but I won't apply unless I know it's actually 3% lol

Message 3 of 67
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Found this online and never really see anyone mention it here - so there must be a reason why lol.

Offers 3x points (dubious how much the points are actually worth) on pet stores and vet offices (and AKC purchases). Since I have been somewhat curious if any card offers rewards for vet visits and pet stores etc, this would be great, but if the 3x is not actually 3% it's worthless. Anyone have this card and know more about it? None of the websites I find really talk about what the points actually are worth. The worth is important, because we all know 3x doesn't necessarily equate to 3% in cash.

It gives the usual 2x gas/groceries and 1x all other purchases, but it's primarily the pet 3x points that could be valuable (at least, a year from now when I'm no longer gardening lol...guess we research cards to keep ourselves entertained!)

It's been mentioned, Just use search as we tell people!   (AKC is better)

See, for example, http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AKC-Credit-Card/m-p/3243018#M905092

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AKC-Visa-back-with-Comenity/td-p/3083004

But both threads have the question about value of points with no answer....

Message 4 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't believe that neither CA or Ron1 have the card as they seem to apply for just about anything :-)

Message 5 of 67
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Ugh. Neither of those threads has an answer lol...hopefully someone who has this card will chime in.

Message 6 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase used to back this card? Did chase back every card? Sheesh.
Message 7 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be nice to know.  Have 4 dogs and a cat.  Vet and pet stores love us.

Message 8 of 67
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Statement credit is $25 for 2500 points, $50 for 5000 points and so on. I've had this card for awhile. $20k limit.
Message 9 of 67
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Statement credit is $25 for 2500 points, $50 for 5000 points and so on. I've had this card for awhile. $20k limit.

Great to know! So you do get an actual 3% on pet stuff.

Message 10 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.