Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American express FR

tag
Camilion
Regular Contributor

American express FR

Good morning my fico  friends.  Questions of concern and thoughts on possible outcome as per your experiences,  

I received

a scary call from American Express yesterday while at work.  It took me off guard as I didn't really have a clue what the nice lady was talking about...Spoke to her for quiet some time and realized that they were conducting a FR on my accounts,  I have three ax cards.  Never late.  One over 2 years one at about 6 months and my new one at 3 months...always responsible and paid ...minor use with small purchases, gas, groceries, small target, but always paid,  Anyways they are requesting fr and tax forms, first question is it ask for me to fill in card account number,,,I'm not sure which card they want....

i guess my next question is, when I did my last application 3 months ago income was reported at the present moment.....my husband and I have both received a raise recently.....now I'm concerned because last years tax forms will show a lower income...I applied on this years income amounts.  Not last years income,,,  so what I'm saying is I reported income at 125k jointly for my application this year.......and if they get last years tax form it will be less by about 4000. What from your experiences would you expect...do you think I should also forward this years pay stub verifications? From your exp what do you think American Express would do with this situation and the number differences

Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: American express FR

4k may not make a big difference....that's not an unreasonable increase at you pay level.

I suggest that you send a copy of your most recent pay stub and a quick LOE along with the tax form request.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Less by $4,000 annually?  You should not have a problem at all.

Message 3 of 26
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

You can fill in the card number with any card, it is unimportant.

The income I put down was also different from last year and the lady I spoke with said it was not important, as they realise people's finacial situations change. Yours is only off by 4000 which is hardly anything to be concerned about. You do not have to be concerned with paystubs unless they ask for them.

Message 4 of 26
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much! This is scary for me...I was so worried that my tax form would show less that what I used....I never thought about it making a difference.   I do have current years salary documentation. But was worried they would just cut me off for it not matching exactly!! I didn't know how much of a variation they would deem acceptable

Believe in your dreams..
Message 5 of 26
Camilion
Regular Contributor

So anyone else predict a problem with the app amount not matching last years tax form.....do you know what course of action ax takes on FR....I'm just worried. I'm a worry wart

Believe in your dreams..
Message 6 of 26
swpopham
Established Contributor

It sounds like you are one of the few people with nothing to worry about besides, I hate amex, ive let my wife get cards with them over and over again just so I can get my jollys off at calling and telling them to shove the card! Close it, I need to learn it in a few different languages so it can be funnier next time!

Next time we get a Black business card invitation Im gonna call and be like go over the rewards with me..... then be like nope aint good enough go pound sand!! sorry.

But you are okay our income swings by 150k a year

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 7 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@frugalQ wrote:
4k may not make a big difference....that's not an unreasonable increase at you pay level.

I suggest that you send a copy of your most recent pay stub and a quick LOE along with the tax form request.

+1

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 26
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Camilion wrote:

So anyone else predict a problem with the app amount not matching last years tax form.....do you know what course of action ax takes on FR....I'm just worried. I'm a worry wart

Other than closing the account, nothing else really. The accounts are already on restriction so it's not like you can use them.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 26
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Clue on chances nothing will happen.  Or odds on termination of All cards.   Or posibility of lower limits?? Just trying to prepair myself

Believe in your dreams..
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.