cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American express and I are friends again. From zync to blue cash.

tag
spankyspanky
Established Member

American express and I are friends again. From zync to blue cash.

It's 2000, I just graduated high school and I had a costco amex card that I racked up $3100 and never paid a bill.   I eventually paid it off after it was in collections in 2002.      

2007, Applied for amex, denied.

2008, applied for amex, denied

2009, applied for amex, denied

2/3/2010, applied for blue cash, denied.

6/7/2010,  I apply for a Zync card, surprisingly I get approved. 

I've put anywhere between $2500 and $3500 per month on the Zync, and I just tried to roll the dice with a blue cash back card and received the "Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days" 

I go to the status check at
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus and see "Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days." !!

I don't know the credit limit, but I'm pleased!!

Eq: 707

T: 712

ex: 699

^^^ Pulled from credit secure right before I app'd

1 very very very baddie (120 late) from three years ago, other then that, I'm clean. 

$52,000 total CL

$2900 Utilized

$70k in vehicle loans

*****I posted my scores originally from when I first started using credit secure, I just updated the current numbers

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American express and I are friends again. From zync to blue cash.

Congrats. Woman HappyDid they backdate as well?

Message 2 of 6
spankyspanky
Established Member

Yes, my Zync is backdated.        I'm hoping for a healthy limit so I can drop three of my "helper" credit cards I picked up in my credit rebuilding stage.  I'm paying Annual fees on them, and two of them still carry a $500 limit.

Message 3 of 6
spankyspanky
Established Member

FWIW, the application for Blue Cash did not yield a single hard pull on my credit report.

Message 4 of 6
CreditRama

@spankyspanky wrote:

It's 2000, I just graduated high school and I had a costco amex card that I racked up $3100 and never paid a bill.   I eventually paid it off after it was in collections in 2002.      

2007, Applied for amex, denied.

2008, applied for amex, denied

2009, applied for amex, denied

2/3/2010, applied for blue cash, denied.

6/7/2010,  I apply for a Zync card, surprisingly I get approved. 

I've put anywhere between $2500 and $3500 per month on the Zync, and I just tried to roll the dice with a blue cash back card and received the "Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days" 

I go to the status check at
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus and see "Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days." !!

I don't know the credit limit, but I'm pleased!!

Eq: 707

T: 712

ex: 699

^^^ Pulled from credit secure right before I app'd

1 very very very baddie (120 late) from three years ago, other then that, I'm clean. 

$52,000 total CL

$2900 Utilized

$70k in vehicle loans

*****I posted my scores originally from when I first started using credit secure, I just updated the current numbers

When did you apply for the Blue card and when were you approved? I applied for a Gold card and received the same 14 day message as you, it's been 2 days and it's still processing...Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 6
spankyspanky
Established Member

It was the same day, when I filled out the app online, that message appeared, then when I went to the link to check the approval, it said approved. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.