Established Member
spankyspanky

American express and I are friends again. From zync to blue cash.

[ Edited ]

It's 2000, I just graduated high school and I had a costco amex card that I racked up $3100 and never paid a bill.   I eventually paid it off after it was in collections in 2002.      

2007, Applied for amex, denied.

2008, applied for amex, denied

2009, applied for amex, denied

2/3/2010, applied for blue cash, denied.

6/7/2010,  I apply for a Zync card, surprisingly I get approved. 

I've put anywhere between $2500 and $3500 per month on the Zync, and I just tried to roll the dice with a blue cash back card and received the "Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days" 

I go to the status check at
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus and see "Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days." !!

I don't know the credit limit, but I'm pleased!!

Eq: 707

T: 712

ex: 699

^^^ Pulled from credit secure right before I app'd

1 very very very baddie (120 late) from three years ago, other then that, I'm clean. 

$52,000 total CL

$2900 Utilized

$70k in vehicle loans

*****I posted my scores originally from when I first started using credit secure, I just updated the current numbers

Established Contributor
gbishere

Re: American express and I are friends again. From zync to blue cash.

Congrats. :womanhappy:Did they backdate as well?

Established Member
spankyspanky

Yes, my Zync is backdated.        I'm hoping for a healthy limit so I can drop three of my "helper" credit cards I picked up in my credit rebuilding stage.  I'm paying Annual fees on them, and two of them still carry a $500 limit.

Established Member
spankyspanky

FWIW, the application for Blue Cash did not yield a single hard pull on my credit report.

CreditRama

spankyspanky wrote:

It's 2000, I just graduated high school and I had a costco amex card that I racked up $3100 and never paid a bill.   I eventually paid it off after it was in collections in 2002.      

2007, Applied for amex, denied.

2008, applied for amex, denied

2009, applied for amex, denied

2/3/2010, applied for blue cash, denied.

6/7/2010,  I apply for a Zync card, surprisingly I get approved. 

I've put anywhere between $2500 and $3500 per month on the Zync, and I just tried to roll the dice with a blue cash back card and received the "Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days" 

I go to the status check at
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus and see "Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days." !!

I don't know the credit limit, but I'm pleased!!

Eq: 707

T: 712

ex: 699

^^^ Pulled from credit secure right before I app'd

1 very very very baddie (120 late) from three years ago, other then that, I'm clean. 

$52,000 total CL

$2900 Utilized

$70k in vehicle loans

*****I posted my scores originally from when I first started using credit secure, I just updated the current numbers

When did you apply for the Blue card and when were you approved? I applied for a Gold card and received the same 14 day message as you, it's been 2 days and it's still processing...:smileymad:

Established Member
spankyspanky

It was the same day, when I filled out the app online, that message appeared, then when I went to the link to check the approval, it said approved. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+