Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American express pull tax returns

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American express pull tax returns

American express wants to pull my tax returns and I don't want to give them that access. If I cancel my American express blue cash will it effect my American express platinum card. Or my credit report negatively for canceling a card.
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American express pull tax returns

It'll be on your record for 10 years. Then it will fall off.
Message 2 of 46
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
American express wants to pull my tax returns and I don't want to give them that access. If I cancel my American express blue cash will it effect my American express platinum card. Or my credit report negatively for canceling a card.

Why don't you want them to have your tax returns? Did you lie about how much you make? Honesty is the best policy in the credit game.

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 46
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are we talking 4506-T or full FR? Do you have a pending CLI request?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 46
dragontears
Senior Contributor

If it is a full FR all your accounts (cards with amex) will be locked and if you don't comply they will be closed. If it is just income verification for a cli then you can ignore it and nothing bad will happen to any of your cards.
Message 5 of 46
red259
Super Contributor

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why don't you want them to have your tax returns? Did you lie about how much you make? Honesty is the best policy in the credit game.

What's it matter? They could not want to turn over their tax information for any number of reasons doesn't mean they lied about anything. I'm not sure I'd give amex that info. Their cards aren't all that special and if they don't want my business other lenders will. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Giving any credit bureau that information dose not sit well with me. Plus issues with my taxes that are not on my report are still documented with the irs if they go back farther than just the year they are asking. Who knows if they just pull 2015 or more. The question isn't if I lied, I make plenty money now. But why should I be judged on times I could not pay verses now.

I'd rather close the account myself. Thanks for the comments every one who didn't have a slick response.
Message 7 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wascb14 all I know is they say they won't 2015, and they sent me a fax cover sheet so they can put the paperwork in, on my behalf. And I have the card already. After I requested a balance transfer questions about my finances came up.
Message 8 of 46
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Count me in with those that will never...ever...willingly give access to my tax returns, just to keep a credit card...period!!!! I would only do that for a home mortgage. I just do not love credit cards that much, and the practice of 4506-T requests are becoming all too common.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with y'all. If they request any of that info I'm closing my account. Unless there's something extraordinary going on, I just don't see the reason of them needing that information.
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.