Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American express pushing AUs

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: American express pushing AUs

@Anonymous wrote:
I *hate* the redesign of the forums. I haven't even bothered to sign on because it's just not as pleasant of am experience. Everything's way too big.

Anyway, yes they've very clearly been aggressively pushing. The official policy is that you can offer once, but do NOT push. Please make sure you are filling out the chat surveys when this happens. It goes to both the CCP, their manager and upper management every quarter. It's really the best way to get your feedback *about that experience* to the right people.

Not to hijack the thread, but the best way I've found to get around the sizing issue is to select "request desktop site" which is highly ironic to me, since I've always used my mobile on here. (Assuming your using a mobile device, no idea what it looks like on a desktop!)

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I *hate* the redesign of the forums. I haven't even bothered to sign on because it's just not as pleasant of am experience. Everything's way too big.

Anyway, yes they've very clearly been aggressively pushing. The official policy is that you can offer once, but do NOT push. Please make sure you are filling out the chat surveys when this happens. It goes to both the CCP, their manager and upper management every quarter. It's really the best way to get your feedback *about that experience* to the right people.

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for the heads-up that somebody actually looks at those surveys. 

I've not had to reach-out to Amex in a while, but my last two experiences were actually quite positive, and I tried to relay that in the surveys. 

In both surveys I made a point to mention the CSR's name... I have no idea if that was noticed, but my reps were good and I wanted to return the favor if possible. 

Message 12 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@mongstradamus wrote:

This doesn't really have to do with amex pushing AU, but more of a statement of Amex and MR. I don't think they are all that customer friendly I have moved much more spending to UR these days. I have contemplating dropping my EDP in favor of a CFU for an everyday card. 

As far as forum goes i don't like how you can't click on replies and it goes to your last unread thread. 

Hi @mongstradamus, I don't want to derail this thread, but there is a solution to your problem (I had it as well). 

Go to Edit My Preferences, then select 'Linear Layout'.  From there, click the box for 'Jump to first unread post in a topic', click save at the bottom, and you're done.

Now when you click a thread it will take you directly to the first unread post.  Note that if there are any unread posts the (total) number of replies will be shown in light blue, and once you've read all the post in a thread the number of replies will change to black.

If you have futher questions about this please drop me a PM, or check one of the threads in the smorgasboard.

Now back to Amex AUs... Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

This doesn't really have to do with amex pushing AU, but more of a statement of Amex and MR. I don't think they are all that customer friendly I have moved much more spending to UR these days. I have contemplating dropping my EDP in favor of a CFU for an everyday card. 

As far as forum goes i don't like how you can't click on replies and it goes to your last unread thread. 

Hi @mongstradamus, I don't want to derail this thread, but there is a solution to your problem (I had it as well). 

Go to Edit My Preferences, then select 'Linear Layout'.  From there, click the box for 'Jump to first unread post in a topic', click save at the bottom, and you're done.

Now when you click a thread it will take you directly to the first unread post.  Note that if there are any unread posts the (total) number of replies will be shown in light blue, and once you've read all the post in a thread the number of replies will change to black.

If you have futher questions about this please drop me a PM, or check one of the threads in the smorgasboard.

Now back to Amex AUs... Smiley Happy

thanks UncleB I will try that out and see if it works out for me

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kinda stinks that they were so pushy about adding an AU. I had to call in Amex today for something and just about I was done talking to them the CSR was "OH! Do you want to add a AU to your account?" and all I said was no and he was fine with that answer. But the way he said it, it was almost like he forgot to ask the question like they're requiring them to ask that question when you call.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.