Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American express soft pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American express soft pull

So I have a question.  I applied for a new amex card in january.  I already have a amex and did a CLI on that one to 24K.  I got the other amex in january and was due for a cli on that sometime in July.  Started with 5k limit and asked for a 15k.  Got denied saying income you provided is insufficent relative to your overall debt obligations.  Also said your recent payments are too low relative to your reuested total line and your debt obligations.  So here is the thing.  I have no balances on my credit cards.  Have 5 cards and only one carries balance when reported and that's usually $2.  I have a student loan that I've been paying on for awhile but never late always on time about 20k balance.  A car loan that is about paid off at 1k left.  Reported income 50k.  I looked at my experian and see that the last pull was done in Jan which was for the new card.  No other soft pulls except just recently by American Express 2.  What is the difference between american express and american express 2?  Did they look at my pull from January or what happened because the american express 2 was done after the fact of my denial so can't be that one could it?  Also you think any time later I can get a incresase on that second amex  card?  Would love 3xcli.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.