exdoll

American express up -grade invitation to plat. gone

I have been with amex since 10-20-11 , I call them on 10-19-12 to ask for a up-grade from gold to plat.The account rep said OK , then also said that there is an invitation to up-grade to plat. With 15000 points reward. I said OK but open my big mouth and mention the 13 month rule, the put me on hold and came back and said the invitation is still there but I have to wait until 11-20-12,  he said I'm a good customer my spending is over 30000 for the year and always a zero balance,  I decided to wait. ...Well I decided to call today , the new rep. Said I'm OK to up-grade but there is no record of any invitation or that I even spoke to a rep. Now what should I do and is there a special number to call

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: American express up -grade invitation to plat. gone

exdoll wrote:

I have been with amex since 10-20-11 , I call them on 10-19-12 to ask for a up-grade from gold to plat.The account rep said OK , then also said that there is an invitation to up-grade to plat. With 15000 points reward. I said OK but open my big mouth and mention the 13 month rule, the put me on hold and came back and said the invitation is still there but I have to wait until 11-20-12,  he said I'm a good customer my spending is over 30000 for the year and always a zero balance,  I decided to wait. ...Well I decided to call today , the new rep. Said I'm OK to up-grade but there is no record of any invitation or that I even spoke to a rep. Now what should I do and is there a special number to call

good info to know that if your spending is above 30k, then you're considered a "good" customer. 

Have you tried calling the backdoor number or executive office?  I would be firm in suggesting that they must incentivise my upgrade to make it worthwhile :smileywink:

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
exdll1

Here my follow-up , call on wed.24 ask again about the up-grade offer,they said cant find it , wait another couple weeks one might come up, 'so I gave up'. I told them to put my app. in for a up-grade and got approved . So you can get a up-grade in your 12 month . Now its monday 29 platinum card is here. plus I call back and push the issue again and got my 15000 reward points. I guest its was my Capital One joke I told the rep.

Established Contributor
djrez4

Do we get to hear the joke?

Established Member
exdll1

Sometimes Capital One is a joke!   Try asking for CLI. I know 9 people with there famous $500 credit limit that never moves and all of ous have 750 plus fico's and $9000 plus credit limits per none Cap.1 card

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}