cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American express up -grade invitation to plat. gone

tag
exdoll

American express up -grade invitation to plat. gone

I have been with amex since 10-20-11 , I call them on 10-19-12 to ask for a up-grade from gold to plat.The account rep said OK , then also said that there is an invitation to up-grade to plat. With 15000 points reward. I said OK but open my big mouth and mention the 13 month rule, the put me on hold and came back and said the invitation is still there but I have to wait until 11-20-12,  he said I'm a good customer my spending is over 30000 for the year and always a zero balance,  I decided to wait. ...Well I decided to call today , the new rep. Said I'm OK to up-grade but there is no record of any invitation or that I even spoke to a rep. Now what should I do and is there a special number to call

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American express up -grade invitation to plat. gone

@exdoll wrote:

I have been with amex since 10-20-11 , I call them on 10-19-12 to ask for a up-grade from gold to plat.The account rep said OK , then also said that there is an invitation to up-grade to plat. With 15000 points reward. I said OK but open my big mouth and mention the 13 month rule, the put me on hold and came back and said the invitation is still there but I have to wait until 11-20-12,  he said I'm a good customer my spending is over 30000 for the year and always a zero balance,  I decided to wait. ...Well I decided to call today , the new rep. Said I'm OK to up-grade but there is no record of any invitation or that I even spoke to a rep. Now what should I do and is there a special number to call

good info to know that if your spending is above 30k, then you're considered a "good" customer. 

Have you tried calling the backdoor number or executive office?  I would be firm in suggesting that they must incentivise my upgrade to make it worthwhile Smiley Wink

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 5
exdll1
Established Member

Here my follow-up , call on wed.24 ask again about the up-grade offer,they said cant find it , wait another couple weeks one might come up, 'so I gave up'. I told them to put my app. in for a up-grade and got approved . So you can get a up-grade in your 12 month . Now its monday 29 platinum card is here. plus I call back and push the issue again and got my 15000 reward points. I guest its was my Capital One joke I told the rep.

Message 3 of 5
djrez4
Established Contributor

Do we get to hear the joke?

Message 4 of 5
exdll1
Established Member

Sometimes Capital One is a joke!   Try asking for CLI. I know 9 people with there famous $500 credit limit that never moves and all of ous have 750 plus fico's and $9000 plus credit limits per none Cap.1 card

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.