Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American signature now backed by GE

tag
rbtextreme
New Contributor

American signature now backed by GE

Received an email that commenity bank is no longer the creditor for the American signature card and that my card will be invalid after 3/31/13... I have a $3800 CL with them and don't want to lose the account since it helps my utl. They now want me to apply for the GE card but I don't want another HP on my credit.

What's everyone else going to do??

BTW- I'm on my iPhone.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: American signature now backed by GE

Message 2 of 9
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Nope....
Message 3 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear. Smiley Sad There is nothing you can do. They're going to close it.  GE is pretty easy to get approved.

Ron.

Message 4 of 9
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Just closed on my house, new car, few new cards, etc. Lets just say I'm in the garden Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I think GE is a great lender and they are great with CLI's, but I'm not going to reapply for this particular card with them. I think it sucks that they couldn't ink the deal and transfer the accounts, then issue new cards. It's unfortunate to the customers because Comenity didn't give any real notice to give people an opportunity to close out their accounts or get rid of remaining balances prior to closing everything next week. I for one, took advantage of a 3 year 0% financing deal and now they're shutting down accounts. 

I just transferred my balance to an NFCU card and thanked my lucky stars that GE just recently upgraded my American Eagle card to the Visa version and gave me nearly a $2k CLI to go with it. Not to mention Zales just upped my limit from $3100 to $5500. At this point, I've made up for the lost credit limit with American Signature, and that's one less card. 

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

That's a shame that they won't transfer your account. Apping for me would depend on my inquiries and how my AAoA would be adversely affected by the new account.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 9
steadyd

Anyone know what report GE is now pulling for this? Experian is my best hope, so I'm out if it's something else. Thank you!

Message 8 of 9
aldejesus
Valued Member

All my GE money cards had been HP from TU.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.