Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise Amex Platinum

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Ameriprise Amex Platinum

I don't remember how many it is, but doesn't AMEX have a limit on how many cards you can have?

Message 31 of 52
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I think so... I think I'm well at it. I'll call back and let them know that I'm willing to cancel a card if necessary
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 32 of 52
NegotiatorRogerSmith
New Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

I just applied and got the 10-12 day message. When i checked the status it said pending. Called and talked to a VERY friendly foreign csr and they didn't need any more info, but he put me on hold for a couple minutes and came back and said it was approved. SO don't be discouraged if it isn't instant.

I forget the details... when you already have an AMEX card and apply for another, it's a soft pull, right? Doesn't the SP eventually turn into a HP under a certain set of circumstances (after either approval or decline, one or the other)?

Message 33 of 52
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@NegotiatorRogerSmith wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

I just applied and got the 10-12 day message. When i checked the status it said pending. Called and talked to a VERY friendly foreign csr and they didn't need any more info, but he put me on hold for a couple minutes and came back and said it was approved. SO don't be discouraged if it isn't instant.

I forget the details... when you already have an AMEX card and apply for another, it's a soft pull, right? Doesn't the SP eventually turn into a HP under a certain set of circumstances (after either approval or decline, one or the other)?

From what i have read if you have an amex account already its an HP if you accepted and SP if denied 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 34 of 52
xgac12x
Established Contributor

What's the difference between the Ameriprise platinum and the regular platinum?
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 35 of 52
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@xgac12x wrote:
What's the difference between the Ameriprise platinum and the regular platinum?

None. 

Message 36 of 52
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Yup.. Absolutely nothing. They're both the same. I think the Amerprise one will have an Ameriprise branding somewhere on it.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 37 of 52
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Yup.. Absolutely nothing. They're both the same. I think the Amerprise one will have an Ameriprise branding somewhere on it.

On the back  right hand side, it says Ameriprise

Message 38 of 52
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Who approves or declines the application, Ameriprise or AmEx?

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 39 of 52
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@amdm2013 wrote:

Who approves or declines the application, Ameriprise or AmEx?

It's issued by Centurion Bank, Amex approves the app

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.