Did you mean: 

Ameriprise Amex Platinum

tag
NegotiatorRogerSmith
New Contributor

Re: Ameriprise Amex Platinum

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
It looks like the standard platinum just has a small Ameriprise on the back.. you wouldn't even notice it if you weren't looking for it, to me.

And for what it's worth, I'm not sure if anyone gets instant approval from this application? I had to call in to get the approval when I did it. It was a good decision for me last year, too.

they called you ? what did they say and asked for ?  im only lookiing at it vecause the no annual fee for the first year

I would expect the standard recon discussion. If you’re unfamiliar, use search to understand the process.

If you're worried about them interrogating you on whether or not you’re an Ameriprise client, you shouldn’t be concerned.

AMEX no longer owns Ameriprise, so their ties to them are loose at best. They wouldn’t have the ability to pull up your status with Ameriprise, if any.

Though I’m not condoning the act of outright lying on an app (because it could come back to bite you), it wouldn’t hurt to open a small account with Ameriprise and park some cash there, so you can confidently say you are an Ameriprise client absolute worst case scenario… or not.

Double check to see if they’re still running the 25,000 MR bonus offer on top of the annual fee waiver for the first year. That was the cherry on top for me.

If you do it right, the card should pay for itself 3-4 AFs over within first year of use.

Message 51 of 52
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ameriprise Amex Platinum

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
It looks like the standard platinum just has a small Ameriprise on the back.. you wouldn't even notice it if you weren't looking for it, to me.

And for what it's worth, I'm not sure if anyone gets instant approval from this application? I had to call in to get the approval when I did it. It was a good decision for me last year, too.

they called you ? what did they say and asked for ?  im only lookiing at it vecause the no annual fee for the first year

No, I had to call in. No questions really.. they just said that they needed more time to review the application. The guy either put me on hold and then came back with the approval or told me he'd call me back.. and I think he did call me back and just said congrats it was approved, blah blah blah.

Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.