Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise/Barclay card question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ameriprise/Barclay card question

I just opened a Barclay/Ameriprise card. It is reporting as a closed account or an account that is transfered to another office(?) or something like that. The question is: how does this look on my report? I want to apply for a Citi card and want to know if it is better to apply now or wait until barclay/ameriprise reports as a new account? Which looks worse on the report, whatever I have now or a brand new account? Thank you
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wfreeman3
New Contributor

Re: Ameriprise/Barclay card question

The same thing happens to everyone that applys.  The Ameriprise will show up in the near future on your reports.  No negative effect with the closed account.  Too many new accounts is one of the denial reasons, so it depends on what the rest of your report looks like.

Starting Score: 766
Current Score: 766
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, I do not have any other new accounts. Just wanted to pick a better time to receive the best card and limit. BTW can anyone suggest a good Citi Card? I also have a Key Bank Mastercard backed by Citi... do they recognize it as a Citi card or is it a different department?

Message 3 of 4
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Lexa, I have had the same thing happen to me.  I didn't even get an alert from EQ that a new account appeared and closed. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.