Did you mean: 

Ameriprise Card Issued by Ameriprise Bank, FSB

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Ameriprise Card Issued by Ameriprise Bank, FSB

@wmarat wrote:

1. To answer your question.

I do not know, but I have not seen any information indicating AA by AAFCU due to inactivity, only due to deliquency.

And yes, I am very pleased with their treatment.

2. On the side note.

I do not know what your portfolio is but I consider AAFCU Visa Platinum to be one of the best cards on market right know.

a) If you show decent income, they will give you decent CL and won't snatch it back in two weeks.

b) APR is 5.24%. I a PIFer, but in case of emergency thats nice APR to have. Thia APR is variable and as far as Prime is unchanged - APR is the same. Though I have Ameriprise 4.5% APR, I do  not trust Barclay at all and would not be surprised by any CIT.

C) 0% FTF, they even do not advertise it.

d) 1% cashback, invested every month on your share savings account (completely liquid), while 2% CB from Schwab, Fidelity and 1.5% CB of Ameriprise go to respective brokerage accounts.

e) Of course, it is your choice, but it is prime card from prime, customer oriented institution Smiley Tongue

Good Luck

The Ameriprise card is issued by Barclays and then immediately transferred to Ameriprise. Ameriprise owns the account and makes the decisions after issue not Barclays.

Message Edited by LilMirth on 11-16-2009 07:09 AM
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 11-16-2009 07:59 AM
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Addison Avenue

Urban Legend

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

I do not know, but I have not seen any information indicating AA by AAFCU due to inactivity, only due to deliquency.

2. On the side note.

I do not know what your portfolio is but I consider AAFCU Visa Platinum to be one of the best cards on market right know.

a) If you show decent income, they will give you decent CL and won't snatch it back in two weeks.

b) APR is 5.24%. I a PIFer, but in case of emergency thats nice APR to have. Thia APR is variable and as far as Prime is unchanged - APR is the same. Though I have Ameriprise 4.5% APR, I do  not trust Barclay at all and would not be surprised by any CIT.

d) 1% cashback, invested every month on your share savings account (completely liquid), while 2% CB from Schwab, Fidelity and 1.5% CB of Ameriprise go to respective brokerage accounts.

e) Of course, it is your choice, but it is prime card from prime, customer oriented institution Smiley Tongue

Good Luck

The Ameriprise card is issued by Barclays and then immediately transferred to Ameriprise. Ameriprise owns the account and makes the decisions after issue not Barclays.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

Urban Legend

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

2. On the side note.

Good Luck

I don't think so - it says so right on the website. Barclays may continue to service the card, but Amerprise owns the account.

From the website:

"The Ameriprise Financial MasterCard® credit cards are offered through Barclays Bank Delaware and issued by Ameriprise Bank, FSB. Upon opening, your Account may be subsequently transferred to Ameriprise Bank, FSB. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated, and is used pursuant to a license."

Link:  http://banking-credit.ameriprise.com/debit-cards-credit-cards/core-mastercard.asp  See fine print at bottom.

Message 3 of 13
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Do not take it as a rudenes, but I do not care who owns an account and who services it. When I call # on the back of the card I get Barclay, Barclay makes CL decision, when contact Ameriprise they say to contact Barclay.

So it is Barclay with all its "subprimeness".

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

FYI: Who offers/services the card vs. who issues the card is a distinction with a difference. The issuer makes the rules. The servicer just administers them. Barclays sets the CL based on guidelines and rules laid down by Ameriprise. It's not Barclays risk and it is not their rules.
Message 5 of 13
wmarat
Valued Contributor

If it is so, why Ameriprise risks my accounts with it and refuses to discuss this card with me, saying that this is up to Barclay?
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@wmarat wrote:
If it is so, why Ameriprise risks my accounts with it and refuses to discuss this card with me, saying that this is up to Barclay?

What name shows up on the credit reports?  That would be the bank that has clout. 

Message 7 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

wmarat wrote:

Because they have hired Barclays to administer the account for them. Ameriprise has no facility to manage the credit card account.

The company I work for owns six major brands of their own, all of which I rep. They also rep over 30 "partner brands", all of which I also rep. It is an important difference. My company determine the policies and promotions for the brands they own. The policies and promotions for the "partner brands" are set by contract and by the partner. There is a Chinese wall between the brands - a customer calling regarding one brand is not entitled to information that pertains to the others. If that was not the case the "partner brands" would soon hate us and leaveIt is a simple, but crucial difference and a vital one. If you call one of the "partner brands" corporate offices with a question they are going to tell you to call meUnfortunately can't get into much further detail in the open forum or I'll be violating an agreement!

Message 8 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

What name shows up on the credit reports?  That would be the bank that has clout. 

Not necessarily. Do you know who owns your Macy's account? Who services it? How does it report? Every situation is different.

Message 9 of 13
wmarat
Valued Contributor

So, you are saying, than when time comes I should pressure Ameriprise, but not Barclay.

It is pretty srange situation when one says go to server and another says go to owner. Seems like card is going to be chopping block.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.