cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise World MC by Barclay...any experience?

tag
DaveinSC
Contributor

Ameriprise World MC by Barclay...any experience?

Does anyone out here have experience with the Ameriprise World (gold) Mastercard?  I believe this product is just for Ameriprise clients; I was approved yesterday. The interest rate is 9.24% variable (prime + 5.99). They put a lower rate on it for their "Achiever Circle" clientele who have a certain amount of funds invested with them. You can apply for the "World  Elite MC" if you have $500K invested with them.  I ain't there...yet!

This card has one of the higher APR's I have on a card. I think the highest APR I've got on one of my cards is my USAA American Express, which is at 13%, so it's paid off monthly, as are all my cards. 

Any experience out there with Barclay?  They are the issuer.

EQ: 850 (01/2018)
TU: 830 (1/2018)
EXP: 825 (06/2018)
USAA Sig. VISA (7.25%) - AMEX Zync (NPSL)- AMEX Everyday (14.99%)- NFCU VISA Signature (10.65%) - Simmons First National Bank VISA (8.25%) - Citi Thank You Rewards Mastercard (12.65%)-USAA "Limitless" Cashback Rewards VISA Signature (14.45%)-AMEX Cash Magnet (13.25%)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ameriprise World MC by Barclay...any experience?

Anyone can apply for the world elite version. Lots of people who have no ameriprise relationship have them.
If you like airport lounges than the unlimited priority pass select alone is worth the $150 af. As far as the ameriprise rewards go I couldn't tell ya.
Message 2 of 6
DaveinSC
Contributor

OIC...thanks.

USAA Sig. VISA (7.25%) - AMEX Zync (NPSL)- AMEX Everyday (14.99%)- NFCU VISA Signature (10.65%) - Simmons First National Bank VISA (8.25%) - Citi Thank You Rewards Mastercard (12.65%)-USAA "Limitless" Cashback Rewards VISA Signature (14.45%)-AMEX Cash Magnet (13.25%)
Message 3 of 6
android01
Valued Contributor

I've had the World card for about a year now with the same interest rate and a 25K CL.  The only thing that irritated me was that TWO new trade lines appear on your credit report.  The first is by Barclay's who opens the account, transfers it to Ameriprise, and then closes it.  The second is the active Ameriprise TL that is created after the transfer.  I am an Ameriprise client as well, but as others have mentioned, anyone can apply for these cards, although I think I got a nicer CL because of my relationship with them. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 6
DaveinSC
Contributor

I got the cards in the mail yesterday with a 22K credit line. They have a 6 month 1.9% APR deal going on, then the APR reverts to 9.24%. Applying for this card did cause my TU FICO to drop to 788...sigh...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like a nice card... I may replace Cap One with something like this. Thanks for the idea!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.