Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

I wonder how many open accounts they want to see?

Any suggestions for recon?  Telephone number? 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

866.408.4064 to speak directly with the credit dept

Ameriprise is a good card, unfortunately issued by moronic Barclay. Give them a call, they are known for reconsideration approvals.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

866.408.4064 to speak directly with the credit dept

Ameriprise is a good card, unfortunately issued by moronic Barclay. Give them a call, they are known for reconsideration approvals.

Wonderful!  Will do!!  Thanks a million!
Message 3 of 38
wmarat
Valued Contributor

My pleasure.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 38
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Don't give up on them yet as that is a very good card to have. The 1/2 year AAofA is possibly what they meant when they cited insufficient satisfactory performance. Time will take care of that. I opened my Ameriprise account in June with a $10,000 CL and when my 6th statement cut yesterday they gave me a $2,000 auto cli. Best of luck, give them a call and if that doesn't work try again once your accounts have aged a little.
Message 5 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin. Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin. Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.

That's one thing I was thinking, too.

Just the way they worded the reason seemed a bit confusing.  You can take it two ways:

1.  Not enough positive TL's; or

2.  Not enough TL's that they define as satisfactory (i.e. over 3 years old).

I wonder if it is worth a recon?  Or if I can call them and PC my application for a different Barclays product?

Message 7 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It's not 1). You have plenty enough reporting TL's. They're just not old enough.

Of course you should persue recon of your app. All denials should be recon'ed!

Message 8 of 38
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

It's not 1). You have plenty enough reporting TL's. They're just not old enough.

Of course you should persue recon of your app. All denials should be recon'ed!

Call for the recon for no other reason than...they can only say no again, and you've already been hit with the hard inq's....so why not!?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 38
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin.  I was approved with 3  y..o history and 1.2 AAoA   . Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.  BARCLAY IS NOT PRIME.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.