Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

tag
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

Can any one apply for an Ameriprise card?

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On a somewhat related note, I wonder why Ameriprise Bank has Barclays doing the credit app and, it seems, approval process for them.  Would you consider it something akin to those banks who use FIA (BoA in drag) as their outsourced credit card provider?

That's exactly it. Ameriprise does not administer the card - they just own it and issue it. BarclayCard does the scut work. Since Ameriprise actually owns the accounts they are administered to their specifications and not subject to the usual Barclay/Juniper baloney. The B&N card you mention is a totally different animal altogether. There seem to be mixed results on this board with that one.

Message 22 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:

Yes, but you should read the T&C's carefully and be aware of the fact that the perpetual AF waiver promo they had been running seems to be over.
Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@crosbyk1 wrote:

Yes, but you should read the T&C's carefully and be aware of the fact that the perpetual AF waiver promo they had been running seems to be over.

Ooops!  I hope I didn't just recon my butt into an AF card.  It is totally against my religion to pay AFs.

If I messed up and got a card with an AF that card will go bye-bye ASAP.

Message 24 of 38
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

My TU score is in the 740 range. What do you think my chances are for this card?

Message 25 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@crosbyk1 wrote:

Ooops!  I hope I didn't just recon my butt into an AF card.  It is totally against my religion to pay AFs.

If I messed up and got a card with an AF that card will go bye-bye ASAP.

As long as you app'ed before 01/01/2010 I think you will be alright. The first year is waived anyway. After that be prepared to squawk. If you use the benefits of the card it's a good deal at $150.

Message 26 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:
My TU score is in the 740 range. What do you think my chances are for this card?

It's going to depend on your total credit picture and not just your score. That's not to say that you don't need a pretty high score - you do - and a pretty decent CBR to go with it. As you can see from the thread O6 was flagged for a thin file but had a good story for his recon.
Message 27 of 38
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

06, Do you mind if i ask what CL they gave you? 

Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crosbyk1 wrote:

They are inquiry sensitive.  If you have three or more inquiries within the past 6 months, they'll shoot you down.

They gave me $15k, but they were prepared for more.  The guy mentioned I had several high-value cards and I told him not to make my limit on this card so high since I planned on AUing my DW and DS.  He asked if $15k was ok.  WTH would I argue with that?  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by O6 on 01-04-2010 07:01 PM
Message 29 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I'm kind of sorry I let the promo go on this card, but once they run a promo like that one they tend to run it again (eventually). I would like to have the card but I have other contenders and I will be better set to app for it in a year or two. Not that a 755 TU FICO wouldn't do it for me now...
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.