Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I'm kind of sorry I let the promo go on this card, but once they run a promo like that one they tend to run it again (eventually). I would like to have the card but I have other contenders and I will be better set to app for it in a year or two. Not that a 755 TU FICO wouldn't do it for me now...

That's one of the biggest problems ...

Thanks to myFICO we are continually learning about new products that catch our interest.  Too many cards, not enough inquiries to burn!  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by O6 on 01-04-2010 07:20 PM
Message 31 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I am an INQ miser. You have to pry them away from me. I opened two new CC's this year on zero INQ's, have 4 total reporting INQ's (3 EX and 1 EQ) and they are all over a year old.
Message 32 of 38
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

O6 wrote:  ...I did recon ...Nice people ... he explained the issue isn't really with the number or age of accounts rather than they expected to see much older accounts.

O6, congrats on the approval!  Nice card, with a nice limit, too!

In reading through this thread, the explanation from the CSR (for the original decline) caught my eye, and I offer it up as a classic example of credit card company double-speak.

"It's not the age of accounts...it's just that we wanted to see older accounts..."  :smileyvery-happy:

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

O6 wrote:  ...I did recon ...Nice people ... he explained the issue isn't really with the number or age of accounts rather than they expected to see much older accounts.

O6, congrats on the approval!  Nice card, with a nice limit, too!

In reading through this thread, the explanation from the CSR (for the original decline) caught my eye, and I offer it up as a classic example of credit card company double-speak.

"It's not the age of accounts...it's just that we wanted to see older accounts..."  :smileyvery-happy:

So true!  People in the credit industry play around with the English language better than lawyers!  Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 38
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Does any one know how fast this card show up on CR?

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crosbyk1 wrote:

Does any one know how fast this card show up on CR?

I read somewhere that they report very fast so I am expecting mine any day now.  It's been three days so far since they approved mine, but so far nothing on any CR.
Message 36 of 38
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

IME, the Barclay account reported within two weeks of me receiving the card (it reported transferred).  Ameriprise didn't report the account until after my first statement cut.  I hope this helps! 
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update ...

Card reported 3 days after approval on EX in exactly the same was as CWCID stated.  So far nothing on EQ or TU, but will check to see when it will show up on those. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.