cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

Senior Contributor

Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

 

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

 

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

 

I wonder how many open accounts they want to see?

 

Any suggestions for recon?  Telephone number? 

IAALBNYL
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

866.408.4064 to speak directly with the credit dept

 

Ameriprise is a good card, unfortunately issued by moronic Barclay. Give them a call, they are known for reconsideration approvals.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 38
Senior Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


wmarat wrote:

866.408.4064 to speak directly with the credit dept

 

Ameriprise is a good card, unfortunately issued by moronic Barclay. Give them a call, they are known for reconsideration approvals.


 

Wonderful!  Will do!!  Thanks a million!
IAALBNYL
Message 3 of 38
Valued Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

My pleasure.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 38
Regular Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

Don't give up on them yet as that is a very good card to have. The 1/2 year AAofA is possibly what they meant when they cited insufficient satisfactory performance. Time will take care of that. I opened my Ameriprise account in June with a $10,000 CL and when my 6th statement cut yesterday they gave me a $2,000 auto cli. Best of luck, give them a call and if that doesn't work try again once your accounts have aged a little.
Message 5 of 38
Senior Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


O6 wrote:

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

 

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

 

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

 

I wonder how many open accounts they want to see?

 

Any suggestions for recon?  Telephone number? 


It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin. Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.

Message 6 of 38
Senior Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

 

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

 

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

 

I wonder how many open accounts they want to see?

 

Any suggestions for recon?  Telephone number? 


It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin. Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.


That's one thing I was thinking, too.

 

Just the way they worded the reason seemed a bit confusing.  You can take it two ways:

 

1.  Not enough positive TL's; or

2.  Not enough TL's that they define as satisfactory (i.e. over 3 years old).

 

I wonder if it is worth a recon?  Or if I can call them and PC my application for a different Barclays product?

IAALBNYL
Message 7 of 38
Senior Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

It's not 1). You have plenty enough reporting TL's. They're just not old enough.

 

Of course you should persue recon of your app. All denials should be recon'ed!

Message 8 of 38
Senior Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

It's not 1). You have plenty enough reporting TL's. They're just not old enough.

 

Of course you should persue recon of your app. All denials should be recon'ed!


Call for the recon for no other reason than...they can only say no again, and you've already been hit with the hard inq's....so why not!?



Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 04/2017 TU 754 - EQ 757 - EX 747
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 08.09.15

Message 9 of 38
Valued Contributor

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

 

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

 

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

 

I wonder how many open accounts they want to see?

 

Any suggestions for recon?  Telephone number? 


It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin.  I was approved with 3  y..o history and 1.2 AAoA   . Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.  BARCLAY IS NOT PRIME.


 

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 10 of 38