Senior Contributor
O6

Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

I wonder how many open accounts they want to see?

Any suggestions for recon?  Telephone number? 

IAALBNYL
Valued Contributor
wmarat

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

866.408.4064 to speak directly with the credit dept

Ameriprise is a good card, unfortunately issued by moronic Barclay. Give them a call, they are known for reconsideration approvals.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Senior Contributor
O6

wmarat wrote:

866.408.4064 to speak directly with the credit dept

Ameriprise is a good card, unfortunately issued by moronic Barclay. Give them a call, they are known for reconsideration approvals.

Wonderful!  Will do!!  Thanks a million!
IAALBNYL
Valued Contributor
wmarat

My pleasure.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Regular Contributor
hemi961

Don't give up on them yet as that is a very good card to have. The 1/2 year AAofA is possibly what they meant when they cited insufficient satisfactory performance. Time will take care of that. I opened my Ameriprise account in June with a $10,000 CL and when my 6th statement cut yesterday they gave me a $2,000 auto cli. Best of luck, give them a call and if that doesn't work try again once your accounts have aged a little.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

O6 wrote:

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin. Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.

Senior Contributor
O6

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin. Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.

That's one thing I was thinking, too.

Just the way they worded the reason seemed a bit confusing.  You can take it two ways:

1.  Not enough positive TL's; or

2.  Not enough TL's that they define as satisfactory (i.e. over 3 years old).

I wonder if it is worth a recon?  Or if I can call them and PC my application for a different Barclays product?

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

It's not 1). You have plenty enough reporting TL's. They're just not old enough.

Of course you should persue recon of your app. All denials should be recon'ed!

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

It's not 1). You have plenty enough reporting TL's. They're just not old enough.

Of course you should persue recon of your app. All denials should be recon'ed!

Call for the recon for no other reason than...they can only say no again, and you've already been hit with the hard inq's....so why not!?

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Valued Contributor
wmarat

O6 wrote:

It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin.  I was approved with 3  y..o history and 1.2 AAoA   . Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.  BARCLAY IS NOT PRIME.

IN VINO VERITAS.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+