Reply
Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

I did recon ...

 

Nice people ... he explained the issue isn't really with the number or age of accounts rather than they expected to see much older accounts.  He asked if there was a reason for this lapse.

 

I told him that I have always been going through these cycles of getting stationed overseas, not using my cards and then they subsequently get closed and fall off.  Every 6 or 7 years I need to establish credit again.  This whole thing about even closed accounts remaining 10 years is a crock -- for me they fall off and die in half that time.

 

Anyhow, he said that he has seen that before with military personnel and actually for some reason he can tell where in the worst case scenario I haven't had negatives in the past 8 years (but I don't understand how he can calculate that).  he said he'll have them take another look.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


wmarat wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

 

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

 

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

 

I wonder how many open accounts they want to see?

 

Any suggestions for recon?  Telephone number? 


It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin.  I was approved with 3  y..o history and 1.2 AAoA   . Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.  BARCLAY IS NOT PRIME.


 


You continue to be so confused about this card and we have covered this all before. The Ameriprise CC's are prime to uber prime cards and at the bottom of this this webpage:

http://banking-credit.ameriprise.com/debit-cards-credit-cards/apply-card-world.asp?vanity=worldnofee

 you will find the following fine print:

The Ameriprise MasterCard® credit cards are issued by Ameriprise Bank, FSB pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.

The Ameriprise accounts are administered/processed by Barclay, but the rules and guidelines are established by Ameriprise. The cards are Ameriprise products. Barclay is just the processor. Many card issuers use third party processors to administer their CC's. This is just another case.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


O6 wrote:

I did recon ...

 

Nice people ... he explained the issue isn't really with the number or age of accounts rather than they expected to see much older accounts.  He asked if there was a reason for this lapse.

 

I told him that I have always been going through these cycles of getting stationed overseas, not using my cards and then they subsequently get closed and fall off.  Every 6 or 7 years I need to establish credit again.  This whole thing about even closed accounts remaining 10 years is a crock -- for me they fall off and die in half that time.

 

Anyhow, he said that he has seen that before with military personnel and actually for some reason he can tell where in the worst case scenario I haven't had negatives in the past 8 years (but I don't understand how he can calculate that).  he said he'll have them take another look.  Keeping my fingers crossed.


He can tell that because any derogatory information you may have had would have reported on your CBR's for 7 to 7.5 years from occurance. (He's just rounding up,) Postitive infomation frequently gets deleted before 10 years elapse - negative information rarely does.

Valued Contributor
wmarat
Posts: 1,754
Registered: ‎11-03-2007
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

wmarat wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

I applied for an Ameriprise World MasterCard in a recent minispree because I heard they pulled TU.  Applied on 12/24 and got the 7-10 day notice.  I just checked their online status tool and it says declined because of "Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance."

 

TU FICO is 720 with 7 TL's reporting -- all positive.  Oldest is 26 months and AAoA is about 1/2 year.  I have 2 INQs -- one was from the day before and one from 7 months ago.  Three of 7 TL's opened about 7 months ago.

 

They pulled TU immediately on applying, but yesterday they also pulled EX which is similar in all respects to TU, but has 9 TL's reporting -- all positive.

 

I wonder how many open accounts they want to see?

 

Any suggestions for recon?  Telephone number? 


It's not the number of accounts - it's the short history. Less than three years history and and an AAoA of six months pretty thin.  I was approved with 3  y..o history and 1.2 AAoA   . Many prime to uberprime issuers are not going to like that.  BARCLAY IS NOT PRIME.


 


You continue to be so confused about this card and we have covered this all before. The Ameriprise CC's are prime to uber prime cards and at the bottom of this this webpage:

http://banking-credit.ameriprise.com/debit-cards-credit-cards/apply-card-world.asp?vanity=worldnofee

 you will find the following fine print:

The Ameriprise MasterCard® credit cards are issued by Ameriprise Bank, FSB pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.

The Ameriprise accounts are administered/processed by Barclay, but the rules and guidelines are established by Ameriprise. The cards are Ameriprise products. Barclay is just the processor. Many card issuers use third party processors to administer their CC's. This is just another case.


 

Whatever you say man, but when I call # on the back of the card I get Barclay, when I contact Ameriprise about this card I am transfered to Barclay, therefore card is managed, serviced, processed or whatever the wright term is by Barclay and Barclay sux.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

It is a distinction with a difference. Ameriprise makes the rules on this card, not BarclayCard. In this case BarclayCard is just the waterboy.
Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It is a distinction with a difference. Ameriprise makes the rules on this card, not BarclayCard. In this case BarclayCard is just the waterboy.

:smileyvery-happy:

IAALBNYL
Moderator
Moderator
Lel
Posts: 5,268
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

O6, I hope you have your answer by now.

 

Folks, can we put an end the quibbling about who-owns-what-and-who-carries-whose-water?  It doesn't address O6's issues regarding the recon.

Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

Just an update to let everybody know that recon was successful. 

 

I'm not sure why some people rag against Barclays, but in my first experience with Barclays I found them to be quite professional and easy to talk with.  Even if they hadn't approved me on recon, I still would have had a very positive impression of Barclays.

 

Can anybody steer me to a thread where Barclays is discussed in detail so I can see if my experience was anormal?

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down

[ Edited ]

O6 wrote:

Just an update to let everybody know that recon was successful. 

 

I'm not sure why some people rag against Barclays, but in my first experience with Barclays I found them to be quite professional and easy to talk with.  Even if they hadn't approved me on recon, I still would have had a very positive impression of Barclays.

 

Can anybody steer me to a thread where Barclays is discussed in detail so I can see if my experience was anormal?


 

Stand by and watch what happens with that card on your CBR's. It's pretty interesting.

"I understand that I am applying for an Ameriprise credit card account offered to me by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays" ) and that upon opening my Account will be subsequently transferred/sold to Ameriprise Bank, FSB ("Ameriprise" ). "

There are BarclayCard/Juniper threads all over the place. You might want to try searching "Juniper". The card you were just approved for is actually issued by Ameriprise Bank, FSB. As such much of the negative commentary regarding Barclay/Juniper does not seem to apply.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 01-04-2010 09:29 PM
Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Ameriprise -----> Shot Down


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

Just an update to let everybody know that recon was successful. 

 

I'm not sure why some people rag against Barclays, but in my first experience with Barclays I found them to be quite professional and easy to talk with.  Even if they hadn't approved me on recon, I still would have had a very positive impression of Barclays.

 

Can anybody steer me to a thread where Barclays is discussed in detail so I can see if my experience was anormal?


 

Stand by and watch what happens with that card on your CBR's. It's pretty interesting.

"I understand that I am applying for an Ameriprise credit card account offered to me by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays") and that upon opening my Account will be subsequently transferred/sold to Ameriprise Bank, FSB ("Ameriprise"). "

There are BarclayCard/Juniper threads all over the place. You might want to try searching "Juniper". The card you were just approved for is actually issued by Ameriprise Bank, FSB. As such much of the negative commentary regarding Barclay/Juniper does not seem to apply.


 

I heard that Barclays will establish a TL that will almost right away be shown as transferred and then a subsequent new TL from Ameriprise.  Are potential disadvantages to that?  Advantages?

 

I will check out the threads you mentioned.  I have a Barnes & Noble card in my sights so it will be to my advantage to do my homework first.

 

On a somewhat related note, I wonder why Ameriprise Bank has Barclays doing the credit app and, it seems, approval process for them.  Would you consider it something akin to those banks who use FIA (BoA in drag) as their outsourced credit card provider?

IAALBNYL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+