Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amerprise Amex Platinum question. Tell me if I am missing anything here please

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amerprise Amex Platinum question. Tell me if I am missing anything here please

Believe the only business cards to report to the bureaus are the Capital One cards right?

Message 11 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amerprise Amex Platinum question. Tell me if I am missing anything here please

@simplynoir wrote:

Believe the only business cards to report to the bureaus are the Capital One cards right?

Pretty much there might be a few other exceptions I believe TD ones do as well and possibly a few other odd ball banks that aren't the normal ones spoke about here

Message 12 of 14
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been seeing this lately in other posts. When did this change? I always thought existing members would get a SP if declined and HP if approved. Just curious. Dang I miss backdating! 

For me at least 4 years ago unless it was a YMMV situation at the time. Got the Business Platinum in 2008 and when I got my BCE in 2013 it was a SP.

Nice. I've been thinking about a small business Amex. I love that it doesnt report on your bureau. Its the one way to get a new Amex without messing up AAoA since they stopped backdating.

Yep that is why I have 4 business cards with them and only 1 personal card Smiley Happy.. So my AAoA is saved a bit and other creditors can't see what I am doing! Smiley Happy.  Also the Business MR's card in particular the Blue Plus is superior to earning MR's than the personal amex cards as well with no stupid x amount of swipe or AF's.

Granted the amerprise would be on personal, but meh whatever if I decided to get it

The AmEx OPEN cards generally have lower welcome bonus and have higehr bonus spending.  Need to find the balance.

Message 13 of 14
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been seeing this lately in other posts. When did this change? I always thought existing members would get a SP if declined and HP if approved. Just curious. Dang I miss backdating! 

For me at least 4 years ago unless it was a YMMV situation at the time. Got the Business Platinum in 2008 and when I got my BCE in 2013 it was a SP.

Nice. I've been thinking about a small business Amex. I love that it doesnt report on your bureau. Its the one way to get a new Amex without messing up AAoA since they stopped backdating.

Same here. I already have a business CC with FNBO and am thinking of adding the business Gold AMEX. My business is only part time though so I'd have a little bit of a tough time meeting the welcome bonus spend requirement--but still a good deal with no AF for the first year!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.