Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex $10 statement credit when using American Express Checkout

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex $10 statement credit when using American Express Checkout

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey did anyone else who bought the ticket totaling $2.10 get refunded the $2.10 and have the $10 statement credit removed as well? This has happened to me and I don't know why. Maybe the concert weas cancelled?

Did you buy the ticket for the event that said "Demo" and had a note to "not purchase"?  I was wondering how those were going to work out. 

There's no way to know for sure unless you try, but if you are able to find a valid event and repurchase a ticket, the $10 credit offer might still be available, since technically it still hasn't been redeemed for you yet.  Unfortunately, there's no way to tell for sure, and you can't exactly just call them up and ask them.  If you have multiple cards, it might worth risking a couple of bucks (if you can find one what cheap) to see if the deal will still work for one card before moving forward and trying with your others.

Message 121 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey did anyone else who bought the ticket totaling $2.10 get refunded the $2.10 and have the $10 statement credit removed as well? This has happened to me and I don't know why. Maybe the concert weas cancelled?

Did you buy the ticket for the event that said "Demo" and had a note to "not purchase"?  I was wondering how those were going to work out. 

There's no way to know for sure unless you try, but if you are able to find a valid event and repurchase a ticket, the $10 credit offer might still be available, since technically it still hasn't been redeemed for you yet.  Unfortunately, there's no way to tell for sure, and you can't exactly just call them up and ask them.  If you have multiple cards, it might worth risking a couple of bucks (if you can find one what cheap) to see if the deal will still work for one card before moving forward and trying with your others.

Yes, this seems to be what happened. If I can find another ticket worth the try, I do believe I should be able to redeem the statement credit as it was removed. I wonder why they offer those "demo" tickets? Thought I netted $7.90! Maybe next time.

Message 122 of 126
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, this seems to be what happened. If I can find another ticket worth the try, I do believe I should be able to redeem the statement credit as it was removed. I wonder why they offer those "demo" tickets? Thought I netted $7.90! Maybe next time.

Darn... that sucks!  There's still time left on the promo, so hopefully you'll be able to find a cheap event. 

Let us know how it works out!!

Message 123 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a $10 Papa John's card today. Came in email almost immediately. Free dinner tonight!
Message 124 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought one $10 giftcard to AMC Theatres with the ladies AmEx Card using Express Checkout (used her login credentials), then tried purchasing the same gift card again under my AmEx Card using Express Checkout (used my login credentials as an AU), but the order got declined as there was a max limit of 1 giftcard from AMC in a 48-hour window. As soon as I got the declined email, I purchased a separate giftcard from a different retailer again using my AmEx login credentials, and boom. It worked. Gotta love getting things for free.

Message 125 of 126
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought one $10 giftcard to AMC Theatres with the ladies AmEx Card using Express Checkout (used her login credentials), then tried purchasing the same gift card again under my AmEx Card using Express Checkout (used my login credentials as an AU), but the order got declined as there was a max limit of 1 giftcard from AMC in a 48-hour window. As soon as I got the declined email, I purchased a separate giftcard from a different retailer again using my AmEx login credentials, and boom. It worked. Gotta love getting things for free.

I ran into the same issue on NewEgg.com (they voided my second order with my other card). The email they sent me to notify me the second order was voided read like they expected me to know there was a limit of one AT&T card type per 48 hours, but I even went back and looked for fine-print, and I couldn't find any.  Oh well, no big deal.

I changed over to a Papa John's gift card, and *bingo*, it went right through.  Gotta love free money! 

Message 126 of 126
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.