Did you mean: 

Amex $10 statement credit when using American Express Checkout

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex $10 statement credit when using American Express Checkout

@Anonymous wrote:

@PDXoriginal wrote:

Used both my Amex Everyday and Gold for giftcards from Newegg. Credit posted today on both cards.

Got all 3 $10 credits with the Max Payne .49 codes!!

Win!Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 126
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just for 'grins' I checked the TickerMaster site for any cheap tickets, and unlike yesterday, today there was a single 'donation' ticket that was still in stock.  It was only $5 with no delivery fee (!).  For some reason there was an 11 minute wait while the system 'secured my ticket' (thank goodness for tabbed browsers).  Finally, it allowed me to select the ticket, register new account, etc. 

I was excited about $5 for charity and $5 for me (also charity...LOL) but at the very end, you guessed it... no American Express Checkout.  The only 'checkout' present was  "Checkout by Visa", and of course the traditional credit card option.  I just closed the browser... <sigh>.

It looks like they tightened up the promo on TicketMaster, so unless you want to get $10 off tickets to the circus or a concert, we'll likely be out of luck here.

Of course, there's more time, and there's always the chance one will slip through the cracks... Smiley Tongue

Message 52 of 126
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

So my charge for $.49 has posted, but the $10 credit hasn't posted yet.  I think AMEX doesn't like me lately.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 53 of 126
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@waynes1982 wrote:

So my charge for $.49 has posted, but the $10 credit hasn't posted yet.  I think AMEX doesn't like me lately.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will.  My credits posted 2 days after the charge posted, but some folks have said it has taken them up to four days.

Hang in there!

Message 54 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should definitely check this out, thanks for the info! 😄

Message 55 of 126
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Patience isn't one of my strong points. Smiley Happy

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 56 of 126
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@waynes1982 wrote:

Patience isn't one of my strong points. Smiley Happy

Don't think it is many MyFico members strong pointsSmiley Happy.. We all want instant gratification.

Message 57 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first 10 dollar credit on my statement yesterday all I did was buy personal use gift cards. it is interesting to try multiple stores.  Don't forget to try shopping portals it's just pennies on small purchase but it's pennies youre leaving on the table if you don't

Message 58 of 126
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Thank God I was able to find out an option for 5$ donation ticket in TicketMaster. Placed order on 3 of my cards. Good that I found it right before my cancellation date.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 59 of 126
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Beckhsrules wrote:

Thank God I was able to find out an option for 5$ donation ticket in TicketMaster. Placed order on 3 of my cards. Good that I found it right before my cancellation date.

I'm jealous... the only $5 donation ticket I was able to find on TicketMaster had Amex Checkout disabled... only 'Visa Checkout' (or whatever it's called) was available, in addition to manually entering the card, of course.

I'll try looking again... maybe I just missed it!

Message 60 of 126
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.