Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex: 2 CSR's, 2 Different Answers re: CLI

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex: 2 CSR's, 2 Different Answers re: CLI

I called Amex to ask a question about the waiting period for a CLI, then called back again just to make sure and got a completely different answer.  Is the 6mo period between CLI's apply to one account only, or does it apply to all your Amex accounts? For example, if I Just got a CLI on my BCE, can I request a CLI on my HHonors in a month, or do I need to wait 6 ? Once CSR said I didn't have to wait, the other said I did.  Anyone had experience with this ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex: 2 CSR's, 2 Different Answers re: CLI

@n777ua wrote:

I called Amex to ask a question about the waiting period for a CLI, then called back again just to make sure and got a completely different answer.  Is the 6mo period between CLI's apply to one account only, or does it apply to all your Amex accounts? For example, if I Just got a CLI on my BCE, can I request a CLI on my HHonors in a month, or do I need to wait 6 ? Once CSR said I didn't have to wait, the other said I did.  Anyone had experience with this ? 

Nope.... two CSR told me I would have to wait 6 months for a CLI on one of my cards because I already requeste a CLI on 61 day mark. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 6
n777ua
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@n777ua wrote:

Nope.... two CSR told me I would have to wait 6 months for a CLI on one of my cards because I already requeste a CLI on 61 day mark. 

I was thinking I would have to wait as well, the only reason I questioned this is b/c a link popped up tonight in my account to request a CLI on my HHonors, even though I just got a nice CLI on my BCE a few months back.

Message 3 of 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

It's across all of the cards, unfortunately.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
jake619
Frequent Contributor

The presence of the CLI link means nothing and does not indicate eligibility.  The other night we had a good discussion here about AMEX and CLI's.  From that discussion came Mustang Saluki's thread now stickied here.  It is without doubt the most comprehensive thread on this topic.

Message 5 of 6
n777ua
Established Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

The presence of link means nothing and does not indicate eligibility.  The other night we had a good discussion here about AMEX and CLI's.  From that discussion came Mustang Saluki's thread now stickied here.  It is without doubt the most comprehensive thread on this topic.

Awesome link, thanks for pointing that out! Cheers,

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.