Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 2 for 1 question

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Amex 2 for 1 question

With the upcoming slashing of benefits of the Citi Prestige, I'll probably be closing the account or downgrading it to the Citi Dividend. Maybe I'll keep it if they are indeed allowing the transfer of miles to partner airlines(if AA is included, I am in).

Nonetheless, I want to add another benefits cards to my list: The Amex Platinum. 

Because I'll be taking the HP, I also wanted to add the Everyday Preferred.

Thus, what's the process of getting 2 cards with 1 pull with Amex? Do I have to be logged in? 

Thanks in advance for the help Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Amex 2 for 1 question

@heyarrnold wrote:

With the upcoming slashing of benefits of the Citi Prestige, I'll probably be closing the account or downgrading it to the Citi Dividend. Maybe I'll keep it if they are indeed allowing the transfer of miles to partner airlines(if AA is included, I am in).

Nonetheless, I want to add another benefits cards to my list: The Amex Platinum. 

Because I'll be taking the HP, I also wanted to add the Everyday Preferred.

Thus, what's the process of getting 2 cards with 1 pull with Amex? Do I have to be logged in? 

Thanks in advance for the help Smiley Happy

I am also intrigued to know answer,I am planning on doing a potential prg ED app if its one HP,and if I can find an 50k plus sign up bonus 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

Has that slashing been confirmed (flight points/companion ticket/discount?)

Message 3 of 6
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Yes. It will happen October 18th. They will be sending letters out 45 days prior to the changes if I am not mistaken.

Message 4 of 6
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Yes I called CS and asked they said on or about October 18th(?) is what they told me, for those benefits to go away. BUT any accumulated flight points will stay on account until "moved over".

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Yes I called CS and asked they said on or about October 18th(?) is what they told me, for those benefits to go away. BUT any accumulated flight points will stay on account until "moved over".

Thanks.  Yes, with the Premier I was able to use up all that I had earned (or convinced them that I should have earned in some cases!)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.