Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 2X Overlimit Lenience.

tag
Iamien
Established Member

Amex 2X Overlimit Lenience.

Just curious if anyone else has ran into this. Amex won't officially increase my CL Past $9500 but it seems unofficially they have.

With a $38k yearly income I have about $23k/mo of reimbursed business spending (4k-5k $5 transactions). I balance the spending across two CC accounts that for simplicity's sake do not get used for anything else.

What I have noticed is that my card does not get declined until it attepts to spend a dollar over $19,000. Is this typical, or is it possible that my profitability and repayment history has an AE increase the hard limit on my card?

733 TU (08/21/2013)
Amex BCE($20,000): 3% Groceries - 2% Gas - 2% Department Stores
US Bank Cash+($9,500): 5% Fast Food - 5% Cellphones - 2% Resteraunts
Chase Freedom($4000): 5% Rotating
CapOne QuickSilver($30,000): 1.5% Everything
Citi Double Cash($12,500): 2% Everything.
Lowes($2,400) 5% off Lowes.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jd352
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex 2X Overlimit Lenience.

In the end, the CCC can approve whatever they want. However, I would be very careful about doing this (running business expenses through a personal credit card).  Your spend habits could very well trigger an account review and you could face possible closing of the account. If they do review you account, the account will likely be closed.

Personal cards should not be used for business and business cards should be used for busniess expenses only in Amex's eyes. 

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.