cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex $30k+ after 3X CLI, what was your next CLI?

tag
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex $30k+ after 3X CLI, what was your next CLI?

Hi guys, I know this thread has slowed down, but like several of you I have a BCE with starting limit of 10k... at 61 days approved for 30k. I am also interested to see if in 6 months after a 3x cli, if you have had any progress or updates on the new limits you were approved to?

After reading all the posts on this thread, one data point I did not hear anyone discuss was there payment habits. Do you pay every month before due date? Or do you pay of in chunks? I think this makes a huge difference with Amex when looking to increase.

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 31 of 45
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Sylvrbak wrote:

Hi guys, I know this thread has slowed down, but like several of you I have a BCE with starting limit of 10k... at 61 days approved for 30k. I am also interested to see if in 6 months after a 3x cli, if you have had any progress or updates on the new limits you were approved to?

After reading all the posts on this thread, one data point I did not hear anyone discuss was there payment habits. Do you pay every month before due date? Or do you pay of in chunks? I think this makes a huge difference with Amex when looking to increase.

I put a couple of monthly bills on mine and PIF each month w/o any micromanagement.  Started at 10K went to 30K instant approval and jumped to 50K w/ 4506 verification in a matter of a couple of days.

Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sylvrbak wrote:

I have no progress to report as my next CLI attempt isn't available until February.  I've decided that I'm going to try for $40k though and in the event of IV popping up I'll back it down until I get an approval which I would imagine I'd see at no lower than $34.5k.  We'll see how it goes.

As far as payments, what leads you to believe that paying in chunks verses 1 payment makes a huge difference when looking to increase?  I've done multiple payments with Amex and I've done single large payments but I'm not sure there's any benefits or drawbacks to either.

Message 33 of 45
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the responses, I myself pay the entire statement balance and suspected, that was the reason that they accepted my 3X CLI. But maybe not so much...I am waiting until March for my next try and believe BrutalBodyShots has a workable plan. I will share whatever I learn when my time comes and hope to compare notes.
Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 34 of 45
Involver
Valued Contributor

CLI History:

2k -> 6k

6k -> 18k

18k -> 24k (I requested 24k, was gunshy about dealing with 4506t)

24k -> 40k (I requested 40k as 3x seemed unreasonable)

40k -> 50k (Counter offer)

Balance was always at zero when requesting.  I've never been asked to produce proof of income.

Message 35 of 45
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

CLI History:

2k -> 6k

6k -> 18k

Balance was always at zero when requesting.  I've never been asked to produce proof of income.

I'm assuming that the reason you didn't get a 4506 is due to the age of your account at the time of the request beyond 34.5K.  

Message 36 of 45
redpat
Senior Contributor

EDP @ 29k don't need anymore so there is no reason to hit the request even though I'm eligible.

There comes a time when limits just become absurd, IMO of course.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 37 of 45
Involver
Valued Contributor

Could be ... It was still under two years old though, which is technically a new account.

I would guess I've reached my internal limit for now, as I have other revolvers open and my last CLI was met with a counter offer.

Message 38 of 45
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

The counter in most cases is more of a number they're comfortable with.  They tend to have a sliding scale of what they want to approve for CLI's based on time, income, payments, etc.  I wouldn't sweat it at $40K though.  There are some people though that put some serious spend and get stuck under $10K for whatever reason and it's most lilkely because they're using the hell out of the card and triggering an algorithm that caps them until they pull back and use it more like the larger pool of people that have similar profiles.

Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

CLI History:

2k -> 6k

6k -> 18k

Would you mind sharing your monthly spend/payment pattern, generally speaking, over the time period of those CLIs?  Thanks.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.