cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3X CLI denied again (no suprise)

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Amex 3X CLI denied again (no suprise)

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

You have added a lot of new TLs and with that comes increased exposure to your current lenders. The inq's and the new TLs were probably too much for them and you might be looking at 6 mos from your last TL.  How many new accts in the past 6 mos?

I've lost track, but if I had to guess I would say at least 12

I suspect the number of new TLs plus the CLI's on your existing TLs might be the culprit. If I were Amex, I might want to see how you handle the new TLs AND the higher CL's you received. 

Thanks 09Lexie.  Agreed.

12njoy: How long did it take for you to hear back on the CLI and what Bureau did they use to ck your credit. You must be a guy, and I'm a "nervous nelly" because my score is over 700 (Actually over 800 on two reports). I've only applied for and received one new credit card in the past year, and I still couldn't ask for 3x CLI when I requested the increase a few days ago. I asked for a little less than 2x CLI.  
I learned about the 3X CLI a few days ago & I just recently realized that telling everyone no when they asked to increase my Credit Limit was hurting my FICO score. I want all my FICO bankcard scores to be in the 800s within the next year.  I would say within 6 months, but I'm looking for & will buy a new home soon.  My score will probably plummet due to huge new loan.

Congrats on a great score.  They use Experian

Cool.  I have 808 with experian and I've had my AmEX card since 1984 without ever asking for a CLI.

You'll be good I'm sure.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 21 of 22
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3X CLI denied again (no suprise)

@12njoy wrote:

You'll be good I'm sure.

Thank you.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.