Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3X question

tag
mjban
Valued Member

Amex 3X question

My current CL for a BCP is 7K, this is the max CL on any current CC I have. Now, I've read that requesting a CLI higher than "normal", Amex may request tax files, etc. If I go with ahead with the request, then it would be CLI of 14K for a total of 21K! I have only a two-year credit history, and my last app spree (week ago) ended in 6 HP. No baddies, no late payments, 12% UTIL and a current TU of 705 and PLUS of 734. My Amex 61 will be in less than two months, should I go ahead and pull the trigger? or just don't it yet?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3X question

Would it matter if they did ask for tax docs?

Also - I asked for over $40K on my last request, got approved for $21.8K and there was no tax request. YMMV, but that was my experience.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Just ask for max.  They may or may not ask for tax documents.  If you don't want to provide, then cancel request or ask what amount they can approve without documents.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
mjban
Valued Member

Nov 11 will be the day, let's see how it goes...

Message 4 of 5
Slab
Frequent Contributor

They will probably pull EX. it should be a sp.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.