Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI 7-10 Message

tag
armedxwithxaxmind
Established Member

Re: Amex 3x CLI 7-10 Message

@keithB wrote:

It does & I'm kinda confused by the "The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short." part like does it mean it wasn't my 61 day or?

Have you thought about using the chat at customer service and ask?  I actually waited until day 65 before pulling the trigger as I didn't want to apply for the CLI before the alloted time.

Also, on the BCP card, how much did you pass through it?  I passed about $1000 per month and paid it down every time I went over $300 (I heard they like mutiple payments).  Also I had it at $0 balance before asking for the CLI and my FICO EQ was about 665  at the time of the rquest, down from my initial approval FICO of 731 Smiley Surprised

I'll try asking! & I used about $1,400 the first month & paid off every transaction as it posts fully. But I had $0 balance as well when I asked

Starting Score: TU-685 (MyFico) EQ-634 (myFico) EX-685 (FAKO From Experian)
Current Score: TU-685 (MyFico) EQ-634 (myFico) EX-715 (FICO pulled by Mission Fed 6/12/14)
Goal Score: 750+ on all

Current Cards: Mission Fed CU $5K, Fingerhut $5.5K, Amex BCP $2k, CareCredit $3k, Captial One QS $3.2k, Chase Freedom $2K, USE CU $1k
Message 21 of 23
keithB
Established Contributor

@armedxwithxaxmind wrote:

@keithB wrote:

It does & I'm kinda confused by the "The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short." part like does it mean it wasn't my 61 day or?

Have you thought about using the chat at customer service and ask?  I actually waited until day 65 before pulling the trigger as I didn't want to apply for the CLI before the alloted time.

Also, on the BCP card, how much did you pass through it?  I passed about $1000 per month and paid it down every time I went over $300 (I heard they like mutiple payments).  Also I had it at $0 balance before asking for the CLI and my FICO EQ was about 665  at the time of the rquest, down from my initial approval FICO of 731 Smiley Surprised

I'll try asking! & I used about $1,400 the first month & paid off every transaction as it posts fully. But I had $0 balance as well when I asked

Good luck... Let us know how it goes!

Message 22 of 23
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

This somewhat scares me... my moms 61 day is coming up on her Costco AMEX but she has always been carrying a balance since she has 0APR until December 2014. She currently has a $900 balance with a limit of $1200. She's been making far more then minimum payments, so payments like $150+ monthly. Her overall utilization is below 20%, with her only other high utilization card being her chase freedom which is currently at 750$/1000$. Her $7,500 student loan also got out of defferement recently so she only made about 5 monthly payments on that. She has a baddie from 2011 in which she was in collection with US Bank but she settled it for less than full balance. Her TU FICO from 4 months ago was 680. Do you guys think we should try for the 3x CLI or wait?

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.