Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI Change

tag
core
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI Change

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure I understand your question.  When, if ever, did you last apply for a CLI on any of your AMEX cards?  There is no required waiting period after a card being opened.

I have never applied for a CLI on any Amex card, but I did get approved for my PRG in the last 2 months.  My question stems from what I read from someone back on page 1 who chatted with an Amex CSR:

@JC_NuJeru wrote:

you: does Amex have a policy/rule in effect whereby customers can request a CLI "At Any Time" versus "61 days"?

AMEX: Yes, you can easily place a online request for Credit limit increase. The only conditions is, your account is atleast 60 days old and there is no application submitted in last 90 days...

I suppose "application" could be taken to mean CLI request but I had read that to mean application for a different credit card.  I suppose that doesn't quite make sense to me now, because if your card is only 61 days old, obviously an application was submitted less than 90 days ago.

Message 41 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure I understand your question.  When, if ever, did you last apply for a CLI on any of your AMEX cards?  There is no required waiting period after a card being opened.

I have never applied for a CLI on any Amex card, but I did get approved for my PRG in the last 2 months.  My question stems from what I read from someone back on page 1 who chatted with an Amex CSR:

@JC_NuJeru wrote:

you: does Amex have a policy/rule in effect whereby customers can request a CLI "At Any Time" versus "61 days"?

AMEX: Yes, you can easily place a online request for Credit limit increase. The only conditions is, your account is atleast 60 days old and there is no application submitted in last 90 days...

I suppose "application" could be taken to mean CLI request but I had read that to mean application for a credit card.

It must mean CLI application.  Anyways, you're fine to apply for a CLI now

Message 42 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

I can confirm this. My grandmother was approved for the BCE a few days ago at $6,000. Got the card today, and attempted a 3X CLI to $18,000. Instant approval.

LOL.

EDIT: Waited until card arrived sicne we needed the security code on card.

Do you know if it was a hard or soft pull?  

My boyfriend just got his Amex EveryDay card yesterday, but it has only a 2k limit.  His Sears/Citi card has a 7k (I CLI it from 2k for him), and his (new) Cap1 has a 10k.  

Thinking of hitting the CLI as soon as one of the other cards report their higher limits.

Message 43 of 70
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'm thinking of going for $45K on my AMEX.  Wonder what kind of income they would expect for that.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 44 of 70
Open123
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I'm thinking of going for $45K on my AMEX.  Wonder what kind of income they would expect for that.

Depending on your aggregate CLs with other lenders, probably at least $100K?

Message 45 of 70
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

I have that covered.  Had some debt that was 0% APR that I just paid off.  Waiting for it to post before I apply.  I have around $80k in CLs and will have a balance of $237 on one card when it goes through.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 46 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

I have that covered.  Had some debt that was 0% APR that I just paid off.  Waiting for it to post before I apply.  I have around $80k in CLs and will have a balance of $237 on one card when it goes through.

I think you'll be fine.  As long as you're prepared to verify income that's definitely doable.  If not, they'll probably counter

Message 47 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for my first and only AMEX Blue Cash Everyday on 2/15/15, was instantly approved for $6,000 CL and recieved my card a few days later.  I immediately added the 61 CLI to my calendar.  My first statement posted 3/18/15 with a due date of 4/12/15, which I I PIF 3/23/15.  Reading a few posts here and elsewhere about recent success on CLI before the 61 days I decided to try it today.  I was instantly approved for a $12,000 increase to $18,000.

So far I am more than pleased with the card and everything associated with it.  I look forward to a long relationship with AMEX.

Good luck!

Message 48 of 70
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for my first and only AMEX Blue Cash Everyday on 2/15/15, was instantly approved for $6,000 CL and recieved my card a few days later.  I immediately added the 61 CLI to my calendar.  My first statement posted 3/18/15 with a due date of 4/12/15, which I I PIF 3/23/15.  Reading a few posts here and elsewhere about recent success on CLI before the 61 days I decided to try it today.  I was instantly approved for a $12,000 increase to $18,000.

So far I am more than pleased with the card and everything associated with it.  I look forward to a long relationship with AMEX.

Good luck!

Awesome! Smiley Happy Congrats

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 49 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried it today. Got the Hilton HH Surpass on 2/15 and was approved for a limit increase from $8,600 to $25,000.00.

Was fully expecting a denial but both happy and shocked.
Message 50 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.