Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI Question

tag
newyearnewcredit
Contributor

Amex 3x CLI Question

Question for the credit heavy weights out there. I have a AMEX Delta Gold at a $1000.oo limit. After reading on some of the post here, Ive figured that while I qualified for American Express, my internal score with them may have not been up to par. I know two  of the ways to lower your internal score with Amex is to sign up for automated payments, and paying off the entire balance in full, which I have done both. My question is I currently just owe $15.00 ( I charged a background check online for school) on the card and thats it. Should I let them take it out automatically, and then apply for the 61 day increase or just pay it and hope that with me signed up for automatic payements, that will work in my favor?

(714)EQ (712)EX (722)TU
AMEX Plat NPSL/ NFCU CashRewards $17300/Discover It $3000/AMEX Delta Gold $1000/Americas First Federal Credit Union $1000/Capital One Quicksilver $13500/Macys Gold $7000/Belk $1800/Bloomingdales $1500/ Amazon $2370/Cheveron $1800/Banana Republic $1800/Walmart MasterCard $1800/ Bancorp South $$3000/Regions $3000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI Question

If you are on or after your 61st day , just pull the trigger. It's an SP! The $15 balance shouldn't affect anything. Pay it if it makes you feel more comfortable and then go get that CLI.
☮ & ❤
Message 2 of 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@TheOptimusMan wrote:
If you are on or after your 61st day , just pull the trigger. It's an SP! The $15 balance shouldn't affect anything. Pay it if it makes you feel more comfortable and then go get that CLI.

Yep -- whether Amex pays it or you pay it doesn't make a difference. Go for your CLI! Best of luck! 

Message 3 of 4
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@newyearnewcredit wrote:

Question for the credit heavy weights out there. I have a AMEX Delta Gold at a $1000.oo limit. After reading on some of the post here, Ive figured that while I qualified for American Express, my internal score with them may have not been up to par. I know two  of the ways to lower your internal score with Amex is to sign up for automated payments, and paying off the entire balance in full, which I have done both. My question is I currently just owe $15.00 ( I charged a background check online for school) on the card and thats it. Should I let them take it out automatically, and then apply for the 61 day increase or just pay it and hope that with me signed up for automatic payements, that will work in my favor?

Really?? LOL. 

I have done both and had no issue getting my CLI. Some of you guys overthink Amex CLI. Also, a $15 charge is certainly not going to change much regarding your CLI, I had a balance of $800 when I applied for my CLI with AMEX. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.