Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3x CLI Question

since the beginning of the year they tightened down some. you used to be about 80% good to get a 3x CLI and now you're about 10% good lol
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3x CLI Question

Everyone’s situation is different so I can only speak to my own, I applied for a BEC card on 6/20/15 and was approved for a 6.5K starting limit, Experian score of 703, received the card on 6/26/15 and requested the 3XCLI. The request was denied due to insufficient history with the account. I made most of my purchases each month with the card running about 8-9 hundred dollars through it each month and PIF. I checked Experian through their backdoor and saw that American Express had soft pulled my report on 7/17/15, my score was higher at that time than the score showing on Amex’s website. I then chatted with customer service yesterday and verified that it had indeed been over ninety days since my last request so I again requested the 3XCLI  This time it was instantly approved for the 19.5K requested. I had read virtually every Amex CLI thread that was on this forum prior to my initial CLI request and the best advice I found in them was the 3XCLI is not guaranteed and is dependent on each individual’s situation. Yes you will read of some people receiving CLIs at activation but I presume this is more often the exception rather than the rule. American Express has much more experience at evaluating and issuing credit than any of us here have and their initial evaluation is more than likely all they will offer. You can request the CLI upon activation and maybe receive it but if not don’t be surprised or angry, more likely than not you are probably going to need to allow the account to show some history.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.