Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI Questions and Experiences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 3x CLI Questions and Experiences

I hadn't used ANY credit for the last 8 year's. Pulled my scores in mid Jan and they were mid 500's. I opened up 2K secured WF visa and 1K US Bank Visa. My scores have since gone to 710 TU, 720 EQ, and 790 EX and I've gotten in with AMEX (PRG, Delta PLAT, BCP), and a few other's (SDFCU 1K) but with low CL's. My Delta PLAT has 1400. and BCP 1K CL. I'm extremely happy getting in with Amex, but I've since received Cap One QS 5K, Venture 20K, and Chase 5500. CL's, and wished I had waited for these Amex as I'm sure my Delta and BCP would've been alot higher.
So Friday I went into my Amex Delta PLAT and requested a 5500. CL. I just got an email letting me know their decision: they gave me $4200.00 CL which is 3x. So, if I understand correctly, I cannot apply for any CL increases for 180 days, across all my Amex CC's, correct ??? If so, when I can apply again for an increase, I assume it would be best to try Delta again 3x (4200. X 3 = 12,600.) vs trying for my BCP, which only has a 1K CL (1K x 3 = 3K). Is my thinking correct ??? Can I move my limits around, once my Delta is 12,600. drop 5K off of it and apply it to my BCP ??? Any chance Amex might raise my 1K CL on my BCP by themselves in the coming months ??? I'm trying to raise all my new CL's across all my cards vs apping now.
My UTI on all reports is - 1% and I make 125K verifiable. Thanks !!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3x CLI Questions and Experiences

@Anonymous wrote:
I hadn't used ANY credit for the last 8 year's. Pulled my scores in mid Jan and they were mid 500's. I opened up 2K secured WF visa and 1K US Bank Visa. My scores have since gone to 710 TU, 720 EQ, and 790 EX and I've gotten in with AMEX (PRG, Delta PLAT, BCP), and a few other's (SDFCU 1K) but with low CL's. My Delta PLAT has 1400. and BCP 1K CL. I'm extremely happy getting in with Amex, but I've since received Cap One QS 5K, Venture 20K, and Chase 5500. CL's, and wished I had waited for these Amex as I'm sure my Delta and BCP would've been alot higher.
So Friday I went into my Amex Delta PLAT and requested a 5500. CL. I just got an email letting me know their decision: they gave me $4200.00 CL which is 3x. So, if I understand correctly, I cannot apply for any CL increases for 180 days, across all my Amex CC's, correct ??? If so, when I can apply again for an increase, I assume it would be best to try Delta again 3x (4200. X 3 = 12,600.) vs trying for my BCP, which only has a 1K CL (1K x 3 = 3K). Is my thinking correct ??? Can I move my limits around, once my Delta is 12,600. drop 5K off of it and apply it to my BCP ??? Any chance Amex might raise my 1K CL on my BCP by themselves in the coming months ??? I'm trying to raise all my new CL's across all my cards vs apping now.
My UTI on all reports is - 1% and I make 125K verifiable. Thanks !!!!

Yes, you cannot try again on any of your Amex card for 180 days.  It's entirely up to you which one you should try for in 6 months.  As for your chances of Amex giving you a CLI, no one knows that answer but I  wouldn't count on it.  A donor card has to be open 13 months before you can transfer limits from one to another and I'm not positive that they will do it from a co branded card to a regular one.  Someone else will know that answer.

Message 2 of 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

Edit: Irish answered faster.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That kinda puts me in a bind. I want to use my BCP, but with 1K CL, I'd be forced to make multiple monthly payments, and ensure I pay prior to statement cut date or be left with a maxed out CC. But I hate to lose 6 months waiting to get BCP from 1 to 3 VS Delta which I could have over 12K in the same time frame. Decisions, decisions.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.