Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI and mini-spree

tag
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Amex 3x CLI and mini-spree

Today was my Amex 3x CLI day, current CL is $2k, asked for $6k and got the 7-10 day message Smiley Sad Does anyone have a number to call for recon/status? The backdoor number thread isn't real clear on who would handle this. I also apped for a BCP, got a message that the app was cancelled since I already have a BCE. Apped for a ED and got another 7-10, app status page says the app is in progress. Both of these cards were going to be primarally for backdating purposes. BCP was going to replace BCE for normal use and the BCE was going in the SD. Asked NFCU to up my NavCheck from $3k to $15k and was approved. 

After the Amex stuff works out one way or the other my butt is firmly planted in the garden!!!

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI and mini-spree

@Genkeim wrote:

Today was my Amex 3x CLI day, current CL is $2k, asked for $6k and got the 7-10 day message Smiley Sad Does anyone have a number to call for recon/status? The backdoor number thread isn't real clear on who would handle this. I also apped for a BCP, got a message that the app was cancelled since I already have a BCE. Apped for a ED and got another 7-10, app status page says the app is in progress. Both of these cards were going to be primarally for backdating purposes. BCP was going to replace BCE for normal use and the BCE was going in the SD. Asked NFCU to up my NavCheck from $3k to $15k and was approved. 

After the Amex stuff works out one way or the other my butt is firmly planted in the garden!!!

I will let the AMEX experts speak to this, but I do not beleive you can concurrently hold the BCP and BCE.  After a year (12 billing cycles) you can ask to PC to the BCP.  But for now, I think you're stuck with the BCE.

You probably should have waited on the Everyday until the CLI sorted itself out, but oh well.  If I were you, I'd call into CS and explain exactly what you're trying to do...

BTW, what is NavCheck?  Is that a line of credit?  Anyway, congrats on the major bump!

Message 2 of 6
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, after submitting the ED app it occured to me that I probably should've waited, in fact I should've waited on requesting the NavCheck (yes it's a line of credit on NFCU's checking account) increase since it's a HP. At worst it's in the garden for 90 days and then try again. 

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 3 of 6
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

You can have both BCP and BCE.  I also got the sign up bonuses on these cards.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 4 of 6
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Hmm might give them a call and ask about that then. I had thought I had seen others with both BCE and BCP. 

Message 5 of 6
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Spoke to the new accounts dept and seems that the system generated a duplicate app for the BCP. I got a notification of the second one being auto-denied because of the other app. Supposedly since I already have an account with Amex it's going through a manual review and will get a decision in a few days so we'll see... 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.