Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI coming up and wanting to up my AAOA

tag
shifter
New Visitor

Amex 3x CLI coming up and wanting to up my AAOA

Hey guys, 
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just yesterday, I applied for the Discover IT and Capital One Quicksilver card. 

I was instantly approved for both, The Cap1 card gave me a limit of 10,000 while the Discover IT card is 3,000 I believe from the way some questions were worded about limits.

My question is, I have an American Express BCE card that I signed up for in January of last year, and I was an authorized user of a friend's Amex back in 2006.

I was hoping just to apply for another Amex just to increase my AAOA, not even sure which one I would get.  I don't really want any a card with fees.  

The other thing is I'll be up for a 3x CLI in a month or two, my limit right now is 7,000.  I originally had a 3500 limit, but didn't do a CLI unti 6 months.  

My credit karma score is 738 right now.  When I first applied to Amex last year, my score was 788, probably to do with the AU from a friend's amex and my Chase +1 I had since 2008, that converted to a freedom.  PIF every month.

I would like to get the 21,000 limit and then get another amex to really help the AAOA of the two new cards I just qualifed for.  Mainly I want to set myself up to be able to qualify for a great within a few years to buy a house!

Here is my AAOA currently:

Average Account Age7Yrs5Mos
Oldest Open Account8 Yrs 9 Mos
Newest Open Account4 Yrs 1 M

With a total of 4 accounts, before the 2 new added additions Smiley Happy

Any suggestions guys and girls?  Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI coming up and wanting to up my AAOA

You should put in the CLI first and then follow that up with the app for a new card.

Message 2 of 3
shifter
New Visitor

Re: Amex 3x CLI coming up and wanting to up my AAOA

I thought so, but I also realized if I did get another card in January it would backdate to this month, I wish I would have requestioned that first CLI before July!

Oh well, I guess that's what I might consider doing.  Would it be likely they would allow me to apply for a new card and get more credit ontop of the CLI or would I have to transfer a bit?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.