Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI declined

tag
EDGE1230
Contributor

Amex 3x CLI declined

Hey guys last week i tried for my amex 3x cli and was denied .  I got the letter yesterday and it mentioned my FICO score as the reason. It showed and old score from January 12th  at 659 ?  My score dropped temporarily in jan when an installment loan was refianced but since have rebounded significantly..  So i called into the number on the letter and they stated they will take another look using todays scores.   My experian is 684.  I  was approved for the detla card with a lower score then that so hopefully something comes of this .   I wonder if i should have contacted the EO instead on this.

MY FICO: EQ: 646/ TU 675/ EXP 665.

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI declined

Good Luck but, don't get your hopes up, I was declined a Delta CLI with a 690 Ex

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 2 of 8
EDGE1230
Contributor

I pretty much knew that going in but i figured why not at least try. Especially with the old pull .   O well if not .

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 3 of 8
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

The consolation is a SP, HPs only with new account approval

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 4 of 8
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@EDGE1230 wrote:

Hey guys last week i tried for my amex 3x cli and was denied .  I got the letter yesterday and it mentioned my FICO score as the reason. It showed and old score from January 12th  at 659 ?  My score dropped temporarily in jan when an installment loan was refianced but since have rebounded significantly..  So i called into the number on the letter and they stated they will take another look using todays scores.   My experian is 684.  I  was approved for the detla card with a lower score then that so hopefully something comes of this .   I wonder if i should have contacted the EO instead on this.

I was in the same boat, cant understand why they used a 2 months old report for my cli request, while their newest pull is a week from the date i asked for 3x.i called recon, was told they will notice/email me decision by friday last week. Havent heard anything from them since then, urg!! 

Message 5 of 8
medo
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I was also declined back in January.

When should one re-apply for a CLI?  I hear 90 days after the decline, however what happens if you request sooner?

Message 6 of 8
EDGE1230
Contributor

You have to wait 90 days. I believe u would just get a a rejection letter saying you need to wait but im not positive. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that

Message 7 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

Im pretty sure that the fico they sited is just a part of it. as we all know it is based on profile. completely. income. current debt.  and not just score. and why do i say that. when i got my delta at the time. i think my score was 665. 2 months later my score was 663. and i went from 3500. to 10,500 no problem. as i have very little debt. less than 2k. and ok income 70k  and plenty of savings. so it really just depends not just the score. i also only have 1 negative. on my report. a collection. 5 years old. but paid long ago. and closed.

edit. and yes. if rejected. its every 90 days from last attempt. if you try. it simply says you tried within the last 90 days. just that simple. no magic formula. time is your ally.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.