Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI

tag
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI

Congrats!  And just think, come spring you will be at $18K!

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 11 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

WTG Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have experience with higher AMEX 3x CLIs?   A...

Does anyone have experience with higher AMEX 3x CLIs?

AMEX only gave me a $14k limit initially. I'd rather not have to send in paycheck stubs, W2s, etc in case of a financial review. Requesting an increase to a $42k limit after 61 days seems excessive, especially because I can do with half that. I've heard that $25k is the limit at which they will easily approve and above that they require various things to be sent in. I was thinking about just requesting a CLI to $25k at the 61 day mark coming up and calling it a day, but if I can go higher without a financial review there's no reason not to.

Any thoughts?

Message 13 of 19
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience with higher AMEX 3x CLIs? A...

Congrats on the 3X CLI Cruz! Amex has to be the best in terms of CLI's, and I doubt any other lender would grant me a 12k limit so quickly. From what I know, the 3X limit can be requested without too much problem up until 25k, beyond that Amex may ask for additional documentation. If you need and can handle greater than a 25k credit line, then charge cards are probably the way to go as internal spending limits can get much much higher. The general consensus is not to rock the boat too much with Amex.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 14 of 19
vngouiowa
Valued Member

@CruzImperial wrote:

I tried for the BCP 3x CLI hitting the love button and got it. yaaay!!!!!!amex.jpg

Deep down inside, there will always be a special place for every single one of you.

So exited about it my highest CL so far Smiley Very Happy

Congrats @CruzImperial! Nice increase

what did they pull out ? TU or EX  for you ?

Thanks

Message 15 of 19
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Way to go !  The nice thing is that its a SP !    Mark your calendar for 6 months and you can do it again!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you find the option to increase your credit limit online?  I have gone to the "Manage Your Account" area under "Personal Profile" and I only see options for balance transfers, check your spending ability, and recent declines. 

I have had my account for 4 months. 

Message 17 of 19
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Where did you find the option to increase your credit limit online?  I have gone to the "Manage Your Account" area under "Personal Profile" and I only see options for balance transfers, check your spending ability, and recent declines. 

I have had my account for 4 months. 

Some people have a luv button appear right away, others don't. YMMV. Mine didn't appear until I'd had bce for 9 months. You can still call in to request a CLI through the automated system

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 18 of 19
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!

vngouiowa,

They didn't pull anything.

discernment,

Go to more account options >under account management >at the bottom it says "Increase Line of Credit".

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.