Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x cli

tag
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Re: Amex 3x cli

Sorry to hear you have to wait a little long....December will be here before you know it.
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 21 of 25
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch, how far in advance did you start playing with the increase button? I'm not due until mid Dec sometime.
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 22 of 25
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

I just tried today

SIlver:

Message 23 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I did play with it the same day...just out of curiosity and then closed my eyes when I submitted the CLI...original approval was within 15 minutes but CLI was both times instant. The second 180 days later I submitted out of frustration as Discover was refusing to CLI to 5K...so I thought lets see what Amex thinks of my profile...I know this was the worst thing to do and I still feel ashamed but appreciate the Amex confidence..10 x the Discover CL with same profile and original apps at the same time. I do have a certain understanding for Discover and give them 6-12 months more before SD. If after 2 years still not possible to get 5K it will be SD.
Message 24 of 25
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I got the 7-10 day message when I first tried.  I don't think I used the card much at all during that period.  This time I didn't even want to risk 3x the limit so I asked for $7500.  I got an instant response, but it wasn't $7500!  It was $5200 (which I thought was a weird number, but oh well), which is fine by me as I really don't use the card that much.  I will use it when I need to buy a plane ticket next year!  (It's the Delta card.)  After that I will PC it or simply use it only for plane tickets and car rentals, but I will probably just PC it! 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.